Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yamaha YXZ1000R Featuring 5-speed Sequential Shift Transmission

The YXZ1000R establishes a direct connection with driver via an all-new sequential 5-speed manual transmission with reverse that permits rapid and smooth shifting, ideally matched to the potent three-cylinder engine. A beefy hydraulically-actuated clutch system is operated by an automotive-style foot pedal for light, consistent feel and an entirely new sports SxS experience. Yamaha’s proven On-Command 4WD system with full Diff Lock is ready to tackle challenging terrain, and the entire driveline is built to provide unmatched durability.

The YXZ1000R features the industry’s first fully manual 5-speed sequential shift transmission in a SxS vehicle, delivering a direct connection between driver and machine for superior performance, confidence and the first and only true pure sport SxS experience.

The 5-speed sequential shift is manually operated via a clutch pedal and short-stroke shift lever for smooth, secure gear engagement. With the YXZ 1000R’s direct-drive transmission, drive line efficiency is increased, supplying optimal engine power directly to the rear wheels, while cam dampers on both the input and output shafts keep shifting smooth and precise.

The YXZ1000R’s all-new clutch design is optimized for the vehicle’s class-leading engine output, providing a smooth and connected shifting feeling with reliable power. The all-new sport-inspired foot-pedal operated hydraulic clutch system provides light, consistent and natural feeling feedback to the driver, increasing confidence in challenging off-road terrain.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_1.jpg 
Views:	1063 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	6453   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2.jpg 
Views:	967 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	6454  

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

My question is how fast can you go from a forward gear to reverse? The riding I do this thing would be a beast and for what I want to do it will work awesome I just wanna know what I would have to do to go from forward to reverse

Reverse is all the way forward on the shifter.
    There is a lever beside the steering wheel that allows it to enter that position
    so no accidental shifting into reverse.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_9.jpg 
Views:	879 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	6459   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_8.jpg 
Views:	1004 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	6460  
    Last edited by Timmi; 09-02-2015 at 07:02 AM. Reason: photos added

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

4. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    So gotta go threw all the gears from say 3rd down to first pull lever the reverse that kinds sucks but I bet I can manage. I'm wanting to beat up on some rzrs in the rock bouncing scene with this thing

Quote Originally Posted by 302_buggy View Post
    So gotta go threw all the gears from say 3rd down to first pull lever the reverse that kinds sucks but I bet I can manage. I'm wanting to beat up on some rzrs in the rock bouncing scene with this thing
    The only way I would tackle rocks with this is with the $800 rekluse clutch option, which I would have anyway at that price.

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

I don't go slow over rocks and the races usually are on big hills or crazy trails and the more wheel speed the better

8. Likes Timmi, WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Wish I could be apart of the testing crew when new stuff comes out find the weak links and so on and so forth

I found this posted elsewhere, good description of the optional Rekluse Clutch

"I've used rekluse clutches on my race quads and they are very nice. They are a fully automatic clutch meaning you can put the thing in gear without using the clutch at all and it will not take off on you, or you can stop the machine while in gear without pushing in the clutch or even shift without using the clutch. when you want to go you hit the gas and as the rpm rise the clutch engages itself. if you wanna stop just hit the brake and stop and the clutch will disengage automatically. I also found them to be extremely durable even under extreme racing conditions that I put them through (my clutch plates were actually lasting longer than with a standard clutch. Another great thing about the rekluse is you can still use the clutch like you always have if you want to. I let my buddy ride my quad for about a half hour and he didn't even know it had a rekluse clutch in it until i showed him. Finally they are fully adjustable meaning you can adjust: 1 - what rpm they start engaging, 2 - how fast or slow they engage, 3- how hard they clamp or slip.

For rock crawling it would be awesome because you cannot stall the machine with a rekluse in it. It would be very similar to crawling a xp1000 (or any cvt sxs) with high and low only instead of high and low speed you have 5 speeds and the ability to shift on the fly whereas with polaris or can am you have to stop to shift between high and low speeds."

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Sweet the only thing that gets me is the reverse but I guess I could get used to that I'm so ready for this thing to be out I wanna see it feel it I wanna drive it but finding a dealer around me that will let u do that is next to impossible I've got a few more months before I can get one anyway but I'm ready for user reviews thanks for all the information it helps alot

Shifting to reverse will be no slower than in a cvt buggy. Probably faster since you wont have to stop to shift

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast