Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  12
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny G View Post
    Ass wipe dealerships don't keep nothing in stock, James needs to build on so were not waiting 14 days to get a simple part.
    I too, have a problem with dealerships that don't have inventory. I go to get something, I usually have the part # I need, and they say they need to order it. But the guy wants full list price for it. Hey, wait a minute, he has fuck all invested in the part. He makes a toll free phone call, spends 2 mins reciting a part # and wants to mark it up 100% or more.
    If he had the part on hand, I don't mind paying for it. A guy has to make a living.

If they have to order it, I want a discount.

James has a great thing going, for all of us. He has the inventory, and he has good prices. He is not just around the corner for most of us, but ships, same or next day. But we know this going in.

You ain't going to get better service anywhere else!!

I ordered the gasket from one place and got tired of waiting on the ship notification (was over a week before they shipped) so I ordered a second one from someplace else. I figured it could not hurt to have a spare one sitting around.

Geter done we gotta ride!!
    AJ's SXS Accessories 304-575-0342

For Accessories / Help and or Questions and on Facebook @ AJ'S SXS Accessories

Website address
    www.ajswildcataccessories.com

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/AJS-SXS-Accessories/219547124736474?ref=br_tf

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat1 View Post
    Geter done we gotta ride!!
    Agreed! As soon as I get the gaskets I will get it back together, make sure I did it right so it doesn't grenade on the trails, and we'll schedule a ride!

Okay, I finally got the clutch cover back on and everything put back together! Had to run to Lowe's and pick up the 2 screws that attach the air filter box to that little bracket. I have no idea what I did with the original screws...looked everywhere!
    Anyway, took the Wildcat to my father in laws 26 acres to make sure everything was running right and see how these new weights affected the Wildcat. I am going to be honest, even with what others had said I was very skeptical about the difference these weights would have. After all, what could these little weights do anyway. Well, I was wrong, way wrong. When I hit the gas for the first time the back wheel broke loose and I was off. You need to understand that the Wildcat does not generally break the wheels loose like this, spinning the tires on the Wildcat was a very deliberate action. That is no longer the case. Thees weights put so much power to the wheels that I found myself out in the middle of the field doing donuts and giggling like a school girl! I had never done donuts in my Wildcat before! I am not sure if would have done donuts before but I never felt like it had the power to do them with this much ease. I found myself having to let off the gas, and I mean way off the gas to allow the wheels to hook up again so I could get going. The nice thing is I have not lost the ability to feather the gas if I need to but when I hit the gas now....it goes!

6. Thanks WV Hot Rod Rhino thanked for this post
    Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino, madmax 1 liked this post

Parts

Go to countrycat.com....I have ordered many things from them and they ship it really fast.

Clutch Weights

Got mine installed finally....wow what a difference!! Already noticed a difference just backing it out of the garage. It didn't need near the amount of right foot to get it moving. I also installed a new belt on mine at the same time - just for peace of mind. Old belt looked just fine and was hardly any belt dust inside the cover. Pretty sure this will help met to wear out the stock tires faster cause now I can break them loose on hard surfaces!! It has a hole shot now....believe it or not!! Hope to be able to keep up with the rzr's better off the line now.

I would like to personally thank AJ for turning me onto these. They do everything he said they would. AJ is top notch and goes the extra mile to ensure your satisfaction and his service is exceptional - day or night! Thanks AJ!!

I also put on a set of his flares all the way around. Can't wait to see what a difference that makes when it gets muddy here in South Dakota in the next few weeks.

Glad you liike them,the rzr's will move out yur way now and have to play catch up!
    AJ's SXS Accessories 304-575-0342

For Accessories / Help and or Questions and on Facebook @ AJ'S SXS Accessories

Website address
    www.ajswildcataccessories.com

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/AJS-SXS-Accessories/219547124736474?ref=br_tf

Vendor Baxter Built Fabrications's Avatar
    CVT tuning is everything.This is coming from a guy that was around the snowmobile grass drag market for many years.Lot of spoiled rich kids get there asses handed to them because their $15,000 engine(that's no misprint) didn't have a guy tuning it to the ground and power curve.That's why when I got into SXSs I found the guy that could lay the power to the ground rather than learning a whole new CVT set up.JBS can testify to the countless hrs that can be flushed down the toilet getting CVT clutching right.He does it.So I believe you when you say you've gained that much just in clutching.

Not Sugar-Coating Nothing cammoup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hump View Post
    You are right about that. I get my oil, filters, plugs, etc at my local dealer right close to work for the convenience. Them idiots didn't have any cvt grease in the building the other day, and acted like they didn't know what I was talking about. We can order it they said. I said, if I'm going to order it, I will just order it myself. That shit pisses me off. Maybe I'm being a little cranky, but I hate it when a store don't have something in stock and they ask me if I want them to order it for me. Defeats the whole purpose, because I can order it from my phone and have it on my doorstep. Autoparts stores are the worst.

I'm about done with the Yamaha dealership. If they can't stock anything, or even know what they need to keep on hand for basic maintenance, then I will just jump in the subaru and drive down to JBS.
    My stealership is worthless also. I went their once and never again. Liars and dont have crap. 3 miles from my house so its a shame.

What type of Subie you have?

I have been working on Subies since I was 10-11. about 40 years, even while in the military.

Jay-R

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast