Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Bandit Shocks

Bandit Shocks

I'm considering purchasing a set of aftermarket shocks for my Ranger 900.

The stock Sachs shocks ride pillowy smooth in a straight line at 10mph, but they handle poorly at even mild speeds on the trail. Body lean, bottoming out harshly, and blowing through the stock 10" of travel are some of my motivation.

Also motivating my curiosity in new shocks is the fact that my springs are beginning to sag. I barely have 13" of ground clearance with 27" Bighorns and a 2" lift.

I'd love to pull the trigger on a set of ELKA stage 4 shocks, but $2100 isn't in the budget. My sugar momma is staying home with the kids and isn't working as much so my play money is more limited these days... LoL !!!

What about the Bandit shocks? These are only preload and rebound adjustable. However, they are also a thousand dollars less. Ted from Bandit emailed me back after inquiring about these shocks and said they are high quality and source some of their materials from the same places as ELKA.

What at do you guys say? Any advice?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	7441  
    2015 Polaris Ranger 900
    RVS 86HP Tune | Elka Shocks | QSC Clutching | 27" VIPRs | 5000lb Viper | Baja Designs Lights | Wet Sounds Stealth 10 | 10" SSV Subwoofer | Highlifter Snorkels

2014 Kawasaki Teryx4 800

Warn Provantage 4500-S
    28" Terminators | MSA Kore | Highlifter Lift | 50" Radius Lightbar | Dual Batteries |

2011 Yamaha Rhino 734 Sport
    Alba 734 | Racer's Edge +2 head | CP 11:1 Piston | 46mm Benchmark TB | JBS Sheave, Muzzys | WER shocks | CATVOS 3" lift | 30" Bighorns

2. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    They're good shocks for the money. Ted Plachta is the guy who owns the business. Hit him up on facebook or where ever.

edit: I didn't read that you already talked to Ted.
    Aaron and others run his shocks on their Teryx.
    I was going to buy a set before I sold my 570.
    Last edited by Timmi; 11-20-2015 at 11:35 AM.

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

I don't remember who but someone on here has bought the bandit shocks for their ride. not sure if they gave a review yet or not.

but I am curious how the stock shocks would be with new springs? I want to do something with my ranger as well since I have 4 inches of sag now. yep only 8 inches of ground clearance unloaded! I hit on everything! going to crank the springs up some. I still have stocker tires as well, and it doesn't help polaris's stock 26" tire i think measures out to be dang near a 25.
    08 700SE
    --Beast Mode--
    JBS BBK stroker w/clutching
    MTS

I appreciate the quick replies! I've considered simply swapping to a different spring. New springs from King or Racer Tech (I think that's the name) is approximately half the cost of the Bandits and I'd still have the OEM shocks.

My Ranger 900 came with those 26" PXT tires. They had a decent tread pattern for a stock tire, but they were not exactly a 26" tall tire. My 27" Bighorns were easily 2" taller.

People led say the stock Polaris springs on their 'wheelers are pretty weak. Yep. I tried turning up the preload to the max position on the cam adjustment, but the smooth ride deteriorates.
    2015 Polaris Ranger 900
    RVS 86HP Tune | Elka Shocks | QSC Clutching | 27" VIPRs | 5000lb Viper | Baja Designs Lights | Wet Sounds Stealth 10 | 10" SSV Subwoofer | Highlifter Snorkels

2014 Kawasaki Teryx4 800

Warn Provantage 4500-S
    28" Terminators | MSA Kore | Highlifter Lift | 50" Radius Lightbar | Dual Batteries |

2011 Yamaha Rhino 734 Sport
    Alba 734 | Racer's Edge +2 head | CP 11:1 Piston | 46mm Benchmark TB | JBS Sheave, Muzzys | WER shocks | CATVOS 3" lift | 30" Bighorns

Put the sachs shocks on your riding mower, that's all they're good for.
    The bandits are great shocks for the money.

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar