Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  20
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Floorboard safety recall

Massive Recall coming! Kawasaki Teryx4 2012 to 2016 and Teryx2 2014-2016.

PLEASE WAIT FOR THIS LETTER BEFORE CONTACTING YOUR DEALER!!

Dear Kawasaki Side x Side Owner:
    This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the Consumer Product Safety Act.
    The reason for this notice:
    This letter is sent to notify you that Kawasaki, in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety
    Commission, has initiated a voluntary safety Recall Campaign to install floorboard guards on the following
    eligible models:
    Model: 2014-2016 TERYX
    Model Codes: KRF800B/C/DEF, KRF800B/C/DFF, KRF800F/G/HGF
    Model: 2012-2016 TERYX4
    Model Codes: KRT750A/B/C/DCF, KRT750ACFA/ADFA, KRT750B/C/DDF, KRT800B/C/DEF,
    KRT800B/C/DFF, KRT800F/G/HGF
    On eligible units, a foreign object such as, but not limited to, a stick could be deflected by a front tire into
    the left or right floorboard. This could result in the object breaking through the floorboard and protruding
    into the foot rest area of the vehicle and, in the worst case, lead to a potential injury. Our records indicate
    that you have purchased one of these units.
    You may have had your vehicle repaired under a previous Floorboard Guard Installation recall. This
    recall campaign replaces the original campaign and includes further repairs. You must have your
    vehicle repaired under this new recall campaign even if repairs were completed under the prior
    Floorboard Guard Installation recall issued July, 2014.
    What Kawasaki and your dealer will do:
    At no cost to you, Kawasaki has authorized your dealer to install floorboard guards and replace damaged
    unserviceable floorboards if the vehicle exhibits no signs of misuse, abuse or accident(s). The actual
    repair will take up to four hours but may take longer due to scheduling at the dealership and the time
    needed to obtain required parts.
    What you must do to ensure your safety:
    Kawasaki recommends that you have your vehicle repaired before operating your vehicle. If you choose to
    operate your Side x Side prior to repair, avoid running over sticks, limbs, and branches while operating your
    Teryx or Teryx4. Floorboard penetration typically involves the vehicle running over a stick 1” to 5” in diameter.
    Please call your Kawasaki dealer to schedule an appointment and take this letter with you at the time
    of your appointment. This repair is required even if the floorboards were repaired under the previous
    Floorboard Guard Installation recall issued July, 2014.
    Floorboard Guard Inspections:
    When visiting your Kawasaki dealer, please have the dealer inspect for missing rivets or damage to the floorboard
    guards when your vehicle is in for service. Kawasaki will repair floorboard guard damage resulting from normal
    use at no cost to you. Contact your Kawasaki dealer if there are missing rivets or floorboard guard damage.
    If you need help:
    If you have questions or concerns that your dealer is not able to resolve, please contact Kawasaki’s
    Consumer Services Department at (866) 802-9381 (toll-free) between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. PT Monday
    through Friday. Please have your Vehicle Identification Number ready when calling.
    If you received this notice in error:
    Our records indicate you are the current owner of the Side x Side described in this letter. If you no longer
    have the vehicle described in this letter, please help us to update our records at www.kawasaki.com
    by clicking on “OWNER CENTER => OWNER SUPPORT => UPDATE OWNER INFO” or by calling
    Kawasaki toll free at (866) 802-9381.
    We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, but we have taken this action in the interest of your
    safety and your continued satisfaction with your Kawasaki Side x Side. Thank you for buying a Kawasaki!
    Sincerely,
    Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A
    2015 Teryx 4 LE 800, EMP full glass windshield,JBS floor guards, Street legal kit. Highlifter 2" lift, Super ATV arched A-arms, M20 wheels, 28" ITP Bajacross tires. Bandit shocks, Throttle Maxx throttle pedal extension Rock lights, Terra45 winch, JBS Radiator guards, custom JBS hood decal and tunes!!

2. Thanks jimclemjr, 08Rhino450SE, 09RhinoAZ thanked for this post
    Likes Timmi, madmax 1 liked this post
    Didn't we have pics of that happening to a member on here a few months ago?
    2011 Commander XT 1000

2006 660 Special Edition (Sold)
    Had lots of neat stuff...

Makes me wonder if Yamaha will do the same thing? The flimsy floorboards of our Rhinos make me uncomfortable at times when I think of a stick making a shish-kabob of me. lol but not very funny if it happens as it reportedly has to others.....
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

I'm covered by my recall JBS style!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449276360.271793.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	7539
    2015 Teryx 4 LE 800, EMP full glass windshield,JBS floor guards, Street legal kit. Highlifter 2" lift, Super ATV arched A-arms, M20 wheels, 28" ITP Bajacross tires. Bandit shocks, Throttle Maxx throttle pedal extension Rock lights, Terra45 winch, JBS Radiator guards, custom JBS hood decal and tunes!!

They were going to enter into a contract with James a while back when he came out with the guards. They got greedy and came up with their own. Still biting them in the ass. They should have just bought them from James and called it done.
    JBS 734 with Crank Works crank and rod - CP 11:1 BBK- Hotcams stage 3 Raptor cam - JBS ported head - JBS Hot Rod sheave with 16s - Gold secondary - 26x9 OG Bighorns on Racline wheels - BRP cdi - Bazzaz Z FI - Yoshimura exhaust - Hump's led headlight swap with Trailbrightled lights - 10" Rigid SR light bar - 4" cage chop with home made custom bracing - home built doors - Mishimoto radiator

7. Likes Timmi, scottwv, 08Rhino450SE liked this post
    I'm sure they copied his, guess I'll find out when I get my recall notice. Now I just need to remember where I put those POS stock ones lol

9. Likes Timmi liked this post
    Should have done this a long time ago.
    Commander 1000
    Kawasaki Prairie 400
    Suzuki Ozark 250
    Suzuki 230
    F-250 6.0 Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by jimclemjr View Post
    Makes me wonder if Yamaha will do the same thing? The flimsy floorboards of our Rhinos make me uncomfortable at times when I think of a stick making a shish-kabob of me. lol but not very funny if it happens as it reportedly has to others.....
    Make a template , and cut you some out of aluminum diamond plate...that's what I done .
    08 700 ...

12. Thanks madmax 1 thanked for this post
    Yea I have been thinking of doing that this winter-even have the plate. Did you just put them on the floor or did you give some thought to the 'firewall' part of the footrest. And did you attach over the top of the OEM footrest or cut it out and replace that part?
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

I was going to make my own but ended up buying the ones for my rhino instead. which the money was already well spent. they stopped a fence post that was laid over in the grass just off the ground from coming through the floor boards.
    08 700SE
    --Beast Mode--
    JBS BBK stroker w/clutching
    MTS

15. Likes Timmi liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast