Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Massimo 500 Clutch

I bought a Massimo 500 from Tractor Supply lasy month and I am looking for a clutch kit. I understand that this Massimo is made by the company that made the Rhino for Yamaha. The engine is a 472 CC engine. Does anyone know if the Rhino 450 or 600 clutch kit will fit the Massimo??

2. Thanks WV Hot Rod Rhino thanked for this post
    Maybe, it is really hard to say. Often the off brand UTVs turn out to be not as similar as they look at first. Are you asking about the wet clutch or the sheave? Maybe you could post up some picture and or measurements and we could give you a better idea.
    2007 660 JBS sheave, and MSD Charge

Massimo 500

I am looking for the Sheave along with the Secondary Spring with the anti-friction washers. I don't have it apart yet so no picts are available.

chalkminer is correct, the chinese brands source parts through bids so it's hard to say what cvt system you have
    really need photos to help

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Two things. One, there was no company that made rhinos for yamaha. Rhinos were made in yamaha factories. The american ones, at least, were made in Newnan, GA.

Two, as to parts compatibility, the clutching is likely derived from the 660. If I were you, I'd do some more research to make sure, though. From looking at parts, I can tell that the wet clutch is a copy of the 660, as it has 5 clutch shoes. A yamaha 700 wet clutch has 6. Who knows how their sheaves are cut... I don't know if this is true, or not, but I read somewhere that the clones are geared higher than the rhinos but didn't have near the bottom end. If that's true and I see that the clutching parts are the same with the massimo 500 and 700, then it may seem underpowered. The rhino 450s are geared even lower than their higher cc brothers, I think.

Good question and welcome to the forum. I'd love to see how one of these things holds up over the long term. My old rhino is 10 years old and is still going strong.
    2011 Commander XT 1000

2006 660 Special Edition (Sold)
    Had lots of neat stuff...

7. Likes scottwv, WV Hot Rod Rhino, madmax 1 liked this post
    I emailed Massimo and they replied that the sheave is the same as the Rhino 660. I will order one next month and let everyone know the results. Thanks for all the info.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

9. Likes Timmi, Snorider, WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Any news on the topic. I'm in the same boat and wondering if the 2 are the same.

Thx

hard to say without seeing it. those companies source components from different manufacturers. some of them use Yamaha 660 cvt parts because they can get them inexpensively

Quote Originally Posted by Utvnewb View Post
    Any news on the topic. I'm in the same boat and wondering if the 2 are the same.

Thx

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

If I remember correctly it's the same as the 660 Rhino
    2015 Teryx 4 LE 800, EMP full glass windshield,JBS floor guards, Street legal kit. Highlifter 2" lift, Super ATV arched A-arms, M20 wheels, 28" ITP Bajacross tires. Bandit shocks, Throttle Maxx throttle pedal extension Rock lights, Terra45 winch, JBS Radiator guards, custom JBS hood decal and tunes!!

hopefully some of these guys that are trying this and do it stick around to fill us in!!!
    08 700SE
    --Beast Mode--
    JBS BBK stroker w/clutching
    MTS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast