Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Notorious Polaris Wheel Bearings

These lasted 787 miles and 177 hours. The rear wheel bearings were a bit wobbly when I jacked the machine up. Granted, I've seen some wheel bearings that seems far looser. However, decided to take the time and change them out, and I'm glad I did! One or two more rides and they would have been real bad, possibly ride-ending bad. Check out these bearings:

There was no grease in there, only rust. These babies would have been a wild ride if I would have taken my Ranger for a 15 mile ride at 60mph on the back roads. Sure glad I didn't!
    :-)
    2015 Polaris Ranger 900
    RVS 86HP Tune | Elka Shocks | QSC Clutching | 27" VIPRs | 5000lb Viper | Baja Designs Lights | Wet Sounds Stealth 10 | 10" SSV Subwoofer | Highlifter Snorkels

2014 Kawasaki Teryx4 800

Warn Provantage 4500-S
    28" Terminators | MSA Kore | Highlifter Lift | 50" Radius Lightbar | Dual Batteries |

2011 Yamaha Rhino 734 Sport
    Alba 734 | Racer's Edge +2 head | CP 11:1 Piston | 46mm Benchmark TB | JBS Sheave, Muzzys | WER shocks | CATVOS 3" lift | 30" Bighorns

You would think they would fix some of these problems by now. But I guess the more they wear out the more they sale
    Follow me on Instagram @rdavis512
    For updates on the build and other randomness

Old No.7

2015 camo Viking eps
    JBS extreme clutch with secret rainbow spring
    16" msa throttle wheels wrapped in 35" terms
    50" light bar with strobes
    Teryx shocks
    superatv 4" portals
    Strong made lift(3")
    Chopped cage 3"
    Boss blue tooth amp with 2 4"pods And 2 6" pods
    Half windshield

Old no7 build thread

http://hotrodforums.net/forums/showt...?3501-Old-No-7

3. Likes Timmi liked this post
    Man you hard on stuff...lol

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

5. Likes madmax 1 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanO View Post
    You would think they would fix some of these problems by now. But I guess the more they wear out the more they sale
    this is what I say and Polaris people get mad about it
    fix ongoing issues that you have have had for years and you have a first rate product

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

7. Likes madmax 1, scottwv, JBFIREMAN liked this post
    Good call on replacing those. I know when I tear into something I always get a perverse pleasure in discovering that it is obviously bad. I really hate that "well it looks pretty good, but I might as well replace it as long as I have it apart" feeling.
    2007 660 JBS sheave, and MSD Charge

Quote Originally Posted by ryanO View Post
    That's right! Why stop at selling me a Polaris Ranger? They can sell me brakes, bushings, ball joints, and wheel bearings every year! LoL

Quote Originally Posted by WV Hot Rod Rhino View Post
    Man you hard on stuff...lol
    Aren't you glad that you have a mole like me - one who gets behind the enemy lines - who exposes the real truth behind owning something other than a Yamaha? You know what, I'm not nearly as hard on this Ranger as I was on my Rhino. I haven't even jumped this Ranger! LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Timmi View Post
    this is what I say and Polaris people get mad about it
    fix ongoing issues that you have have had for years and you have a first rate product
    You are right, Timmi. There are a lot of Polaris people who say their SxS are trouble free or have done nothing but change the oil in them. That just simply has not been my experience. I have less than 1000 miles on my Ranger, running only 27" tires on the stock wheels, and I have had more maintenance issues surface than my my Rhino and my Teryx, combined. Furthermore, both the Rhino and the Teryx had larger tires and driven in more mud. This Ranger is as Polaris describes, "the smoothest riding," and it is the most powerful and has the quietest interior.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkminer View Post
    Good call on replacing those. I know when I tear into something I always get a perverse pleasure in discovering that it is obviously bad. I really hate that "well it looks pretty good, but I might as well replace it as long as I have it apart" feeling.
    My buddies always give me a hard time for wrenching on my SxS, because they are not into the whole "preventative maintenance" thing. They are more of the mindset that runs it until it won't go any more and then fix the carnage. And then bitch and moan about how expensive it is. It sure is expensive when you run brakes to the point that the caliper and rotor are trashed! Haha!
    2015 Polaris Ranger 900
    RVS 86HP Tune | Elka Shocks | QSC Clutching | 27" VIPRs | 5000lb Viper | Baja Designs Lights | Wet Sounds Stealth 10 | 10" SSV Subwoofer | Highlifter Snorkels

2014 Kawasaki Teryx4 800

Warn Provantage 4500-S
    28" Terminators | MSA Kore | Highlifter Lift | 50" Radius Lightbar | Dual Batteries |

2011 Yamaha Rhino 734 Sport
    Alba 734 | Racer's Edge +2 head | CP 11:1 Piston | 46mm Benchmark TB | JBS Sheave, Muzzys | WER shocks | CATVOS 3" lift | 30" Bighorns

10. Likes ryanO, Howland36 liked this post