Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Commander Post Air Filter

A lot of people are buying the post air filter assembly for the Maverick to use in their Commander. The cost is right around $35. You can save about half that cost buy just buying the UNI foam filter sheets off eBay and cutting your own and using the existing screen that is part of your air filter.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAGE_129.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	5.3 KB 
ID:	779Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAGE_130.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	7.6 KB 
ID:	780
    Commander 1000
    Kawasaki Prairie 400
    Suzuki Ozark 250
    Suzuki 230
    F-250 6.0 Diesel

2. Thanks Firefighter, WV Hot Rod Rhino thanked for this post
    Likes Firefighter, WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Are you running any oil on that post filter or are you just running it dry? I ordered a new Uni filter for my 800 XT and also ordered some of the Uni Sheets too so I can cut them to fit the screen like you did but was curious about wet or dry as I was leaning towards little wet myself.
    2014 XP1K Black pearl, with 2015 clutch cover and intake upgrades, Pro Armor doors, FUTV skids, Extreme bumpers front and rear, Rock sliders, Aluminum roof, 30" LED bar,12" LED bar,6" LED bar, PRP suspension heated seats , Pro Armor harnesses, Full MTX stereo with 10" sub, No Limit Vector 15" wheels w/ 31.10.5x15 Courser MXT tires, Full HMF black dual exhaust w/ Dobeck AFR and programmer, Dirty Dawg clutch kit, Warn 3500# winch, and Highlifter Outlaw DHT axles, 7" Samsung Tablet.

I'd say that you should do both. In the winter if you have snow run dry, that way you don't have to mess with icing up. But in the summer throw an oiled one in.

Sent from the sticks
    08 700SE
    --Beast Mode--
    JBS BBK stroker w/clutching
    MTS

It never hurts to run oil on it. You would be amazed at how much fine dust gets by the main filter. I put the filter in a large zip lock bag and pour oil in it and knead and squeeze until the filter is saturated.
    Commander 1000
    Kawasaki Prairie 400
    Suzuki Ozark 250
    Suzuki 230
    F-250 6.0 Diesel