Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  24
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

May have a problem with my jbs clutch kit

So I have finally been able to get a few good rides in with the new clutch kit, but didn't really notice much on the bottom and lost about 10 to 15 mph up top. Wondering if I got some wrong parts or if the shop that did the install did it wrong.
    Is the bottom end take off a big difference from stock? Is it normal to lose top speed with this clutch kit?
    I believe I got the extreme clutch kit and I'm running on 28 inch Blackwater Evolution Tire.
    Thanks!

Need some info on bike??
    06 Rhino 686 s/e blue, 11:1 piston, stage 1 hot cam, raptor springs, JBS sheave and clutching, cmf 2" lift, alum air box, exhaust tip, dial a jet, j strong roof, ride on dust shield, power steering, Stage 5 Elka's riding on 28" 11 14 mega mayhems all around on sti hd3 wheels, hp cooling fan, 3500# winch, 32" led light bar and stuff!

3. Likes robleticia liked this post
    You should have gained a good bit of power overall, and a decent increase in top speed. Something went wrong with the install.
    JBS 734 with Crank Works crank and rod - CP 11:1 BBK- Hotcams stage 3 Raptor cam - JBS ported head - JBS Hot Rod sheave with 16s - Gold secondary - 26x9 OG Bighorns on Racline wheels - BRP cdi - Bazzaz Z FI - Yoshimura exhaust - Hump's led headlight swap with Trailbrightled lights - 10" Rigid SR light bar - 4" cage chop with home made custom bracing - home built doors - Mishimoto radiator

5. Thanks WV Hot Rod Rhino thanked for this post
    Likes robleticia liked this post
    call the mechanic that did the install tell him to go to jbs website and see if they installed weights etc. correctly
    2012 blue 700
    JBS Stage 2 Extreme sheave: 15gram sliders: gold spring: Dynatek: JBS splash guards: JBS Slugged clutch: 30x9/10x14 Monster Mayhem: 14" ss212: 2"+ JD lift: 4500lb champion winch: hyperlube radiator treatment: rzr seats-JD lowered: JD 3" cage chop: blue underglows/dome light: JD aluminum roof: JD tower speaker bar with 4 1/2" and bluetooth amp: 42" light bar forward cubes rear: Half windshield: Snorkel your UTV by JD:

7. Thanks WV Hot Rod Rhino thanked for this post
    I'm no mechanic but installed mine myself. I gained pulling power and a few mph top end. It's easy to flop a weight so that your top end is limited and/or get too much grease. Something is wrong with your install.
    2011 Commander XT 1000

2006 660 Special Edition (Sold)
    Had lots of neat stuff...

9. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Banned
    If you lost 10-15 on the top, you flopped a weight probably

11. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Banned
    I send my customers this to make sure they get them right. You're going to have to open it back up and look, cause something isn't right

Sent from The Green Machine

13. Thanks WV Hot Rod Rhino thanked for this post
    Likes Timmi, DuckHunter, Hump, Fabricator, madmax 1 liked this post
    James has a video, maybe several, about keeping the camplate pressed against the sliders while installing to prevent the slider weight from moving. It's an easy mistake to make if you're not experienced with doing them.

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Quote Originally Posted by Timmi View Post
    James has a video, maybe several, about keeping the camplate pressed against the sliders while installing to prevent the slider weight from moving. It's an easy mistake to make if you're not experienced with doing them.
    I made that mistake the 1st two times I ever done it. Both times I swore nothing went wrong. It's one of those things that is awkward at 1st, but is very easy after you do it a few times. Everyone should buy the tools needed, and learn to service their clutch. I wouldn't let any of the dealerships around here ever touch my Rhino. Not ever!
    JBS 734 with Crank Works crank and rod - CP 11:1 BBK- Hotcams stage 3 Raptor cam - JBS ported head - JBS Hot Rod sheave with 16s - Gold secondary - 26x9 OG Bighorns on Racline wheels - BRP cdi - Bazzaz Z FI - Yoshimura exhaust - Hump's led headlight swap with Trailbrightled lights - 10" Rigid SR light bar - 4" cage chop with home made custom bracing - home built doors - Mishimoto radiator

16. Likes jd283 liked this post
    I flopped weights 1st time install, never again. Gets easier everytime from then on. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast