Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Still Shakin' the Cage 08Rhino450SE's Avatar

concealed carry now legal in WV (w/o permit)

CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) — West Virginia now lets people 21 years old and up carry hidden guns without permits or training.
    The law passed by the Republican-led Legislature took effect Tuesday (5/24/16).

In March, lawmakers needed only a simple majority to override Democratic Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin’s veto of the bill.
    Tomblin vetoed it over safety concerns from law enforcement officials. He vetoed similar legislation last year.

It was already legal in West Virginia to carry guns openly — in a holster, for instance — without permits.
    The law lets people carry concealed guns in public without permits, by wearing a coat for example. People ages 18 through 20 still will need a permit and training with live firing.

West Virginia is one of 10 states that don’t require concealed carry permits.

credit – Bluefield Telegraph
    Mountaineers are Always Free!

2. Likes Timmi liked this post
    lucky bastards,lol
    07 camo 660,yoshi duals,kms intake,dynatec cdi,jet kit, montana jack f&r winch mount,w/ warn xt40, 27" bighorns,2" lift, cab with summit heater,aux red top optima, 5 bad ass jrt's on board,itp ss 212s, jbs sheave,14 gr. wts,orange spring, 40 " led light bar, autometer guages,equus tach,innovate afm, jensen ms30 ,jbl 6.5s, elka stage 1 shocks, kenwood 2way radio, alpine ktp445u amp, led headlight mod,twisted stitch harnesses,pro1 doors, 60 amp alternator,power steering, pc925 battery

Thats good news,
    Here in Arizona we don't need permit either although I do carry a CCW permit so I can carry in 35 of the other states.
    2008 Rhino, JBS Extreme Sheave, Slug Kit, Purple Spring

5. Likes scottwv, mjn liked this post
    Maine also just passed that similar law a few month ago. I have had a permit for years and plan to renew it just to keep it active even though the law doesn't require it.
    2013 Camo 700 Rhino w/ homemade 4 seater cage, bored and stroke to 804.
    11.1cp piston with 105.5 bore, 8mm stroker crank works crank ,25" Bighorn on Viking tactical wheels
    BRP cdi , Bazzaz Z FI w/ auto mapper , raptor stage 1 cam ,Yoshimura duals, jBS extreme sheave with 17g OD , slug kit ,injector, Elka stage 1,2" lift , 20" led bar and ez steer

always good news for us gun lovers. I ccw everyday. here in Pennsylvania you need a permit to ccw but open carry is legal. summer time I carry a glock 26 and winter time I carry a glock 29.
    Redneck Crazy - 2017 Teryx4 LE , 4" portals , cage chop , arched A arms , 32x10x14 pro armor crawler xg , sti hd beadlocks , winch bumper , 5,000# winch , custom snorkels.

thats awesome. we have to have a permit for concealed. first thing I got when I turned 21. but no permit necessary for open carry
    08 700SE
    --Beast Mode--
    JBS BBK stroker w/clutching
    MTS

The media is really emphasizing the "without training" part. I'm all for people "knowing" what they're doing ; but , the required NRA "safety" course required to get a CCW is a JOKE !! It's all about the revenue .
    08 700 ...

training should be mandatory!!!!! I was at a gun show and overheard a kid telling his buddy that anything less then a .45 is a complete waste and should not even be made and that anything less then a .45 is not an effective killing / stopping round. I wanted to slap that dumb ass across the back of his head. same gun show different table a female asked a guy what gun to put in her purse revolver or regular gun....lol. he handed her a shield 9mm over a s&w snubbie. she grabbed the gun and held it like a revolver so you know that slide was gonna bite her. he said nothing and the guy she was with said how do we use it and load it.....WTF !!!!! then at cabelas a kid asked the salesman whats good for a first ccw gun salesman said full size 1911 .45 nothing less. my god people are stupid...
    Redneck Crazy - 2017 Teryx4 LE , 4" portals , cage chop , arched A arms , 32x10x14 pro armor crawler xg , sti hd beadlocks , winch bumper , 5,000# winch , custom snorkels.

11. Likes mjn liked this post
    Ms just passed the same law last week. In La it's just open carry but I do have my permit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

here in vermont you don't need a permit to carry open or concealed. wish i could get a permit to carry in all states. also wish that everyone that has a gun should go threw some sort of training. even if it was just a hunter safety course. bullets don't stop in sheetrock. and can pass threw a house like a hot knife threw butter. one of the last hunting accidents her a guy was shot watching tv in his chair. the guy was shooting at a deer in the field. he got the deer and the man watching tv. the house was 100 yards away from were the deer was.
    2019 wolverine x2 SE
    big horn 2.0 27 x 9 12 front 27 x 11 12 rear
    full cab with windshield wiper and washer
    heater
    warn 3500 lb winch synthetic rope, aluminum fairlead, wireless remote
    28" kawell led light bar
    ridged industries dome light and bed light
    wet sounds stealth 6 ultra hd
    midland micro mobile
    yamaha front brush guard
    yamaha rear brush guard
    yamaha rock sliders