Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

JBS X-Sheave Not Hitting Rev Limiter

I noticed today in high on the road with slight downhill I was hitting 55 bumping 56. But never heard rev limiter kick in. Am I leaving some power on the table or is this normal after install. My set up is stock wolverine with 27" tires. JBS x-sheave 16od with purple spring. Love the set up just making sure I am not leaving power to be had with different set up. This set up was recommend by James. I am new to the belt cvt game. I am not convinced I did not put too much grease in when I installed it. It runs out great but never hits limiter is what has me puzzled. It has amazing low and mid range even picked up a little on top in.

Thanks/Robbie

Not sure but maybe the tire size is making the speedo read low. What did james say it would do.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I'm in the same boat with a Viking. It runs great but never hit the limiter in high. I'm interested in some replies.

Had this with my Viking and went to the gold spring. Worked well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as the Viking goes what I have is a 780 big bore stroker Kit exhaust and a dyno jet programmer with auto tune and I hit the 7,500 limiter at about 61mph but conditions have to be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by camoteryx4 View Post
    Not sure but maybe the tire size is making the speedo read low. What did james say it would do.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    I am sure speedo is off. I am not interested in mph number well to a certian point. I won't all I can get. It just puzzled me not hitting limiter. I won't to take advantage of what I have installed. I have not bothered James yet. Thought I would post here to see if this was normal after x-sheave install on stock machine. Or I put too much grease in.

I don't think you will hit it without adding more power. Also at them speeds my Viking speedo is off with 27in tires about 2mph or so.

8. Likes scottwv liked this post
    You're not gonna hit the limiter in high with a stock engine...not enough umpff.
    08 700 ...

mmmm... depends on your clutch setup
    with 16g od's and stock secondary spring
    my wolvy with stock motor and tires hits the limiter on level ground at 52 mph

Quote Originally Posted by scottwv View Post
    You're not gonna hit the limiter in high with a stock engine...not enough umpff.

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

11. Likes bd_skrillz liked this post
    I need an a Boeing landing strip to get to that speed. I haven't done it in a while since there's not enough flat, straight aways round my parts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast