Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Not sure I've ever hit the limiter.

Here's the badm0nkey math based on my tire/wheel upgrade:

The circumference of a tire is how far you travel per 1 axle revolution.

The circumference of a 25" Tire is 25" x 3.14159 = 78.54"
    The circumference of a 29.5" Tire is 29.5" x 3.14159 = 92.68"

The 29.5" Tire has a circumference which is 18% greater than the 25" tire so at the same RPM (Speedo Reading) I'm going 18% farther.

If Speedo reads 46 mph and was properly calibrated for a 25" tire, I will really be going 54.28 mph. If Speedo reads 50 mph, you are really going 59 mph.

I'm going 46 down hill and 43 back uphill. Split the diff and bluebanger's going 52.5 mph.

Thanks guys. I believe you answered my question. Running out of steam before it hits limiter. I am very pleased with my set-up. Just noticed it was not hitting limiter and thought I goofed up the install. Thanks

3. Likes Timmi liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by bd_skrillz View Post
    I need an a Boeing landing strip to get to that speed. I haven't done it in a while since there's not enough flat, straight aways round my parts.
    I know what you saying. I was on the paved road in front of my house with a slight downhill.

Now that I have a little time with my setup I would like to try to tune it for a little more low to mid range. Thinking of trying a gold spring or 15g o.d weights. (My set up now is in my sig). Anybody tried the gold or 15s in the wolvy yet?
    2016 Base Wolverine, 27" Bear Claw HTR's, JBS Hot Rod X-Sheave/16gr OD's/Slugged/Purple Spring, Mud Busters extended fenders, EZ Steer eps kit, Yamaha folding winshield, Yamaha soft rear window, YXZ Steering Wheel, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 3500lb Warn winch.

I don't know of anyone running 15's in a wolvy
    my 16's spool up fast

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

7. Likes 393stroker liked this post
    Yep mine does awesome. Jut got the hankering to tweak it a little to see what it likes. I have never tinkered with weights or springs before. Something new to me. But I have been on dirt bikes/atv' for over 30yrs.
    2016 Base Wolverine, 27" Bear Claw HTR's, JBS Hot Rod X-Sheave/16gr OD's/Slugged/Purple Spring, Mud Busters extended fenders, EZ Steer eps kit, Yamaha folding winshield, Yamaha soft rear window, YXZ Steering Wheel, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 3500lb Warn winch.

that's about all "clutch kits" consisted of for years, weights and springs

Quote Originally Posted by 393stroker View Post
    Yep mine does awesome. Jut got the hankering to tweak it a little to see what it likes. I have never tinkered with weights or springs before. Something new to me. But I have been on dirt bikes/atv' for over 30yrs.

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Yep I have always been on a honda. Cr125,cr250,xr250 dirt bikes. Honda foreman,rincon for atv's. I still have a like new honda pioneer 500 also but it don't see much seat time since the wolvy purchase.

how does the 500p ride? they have a full auto trans option now

Quote Originally Posted by 393stroker View Post
    Yep I have always been on a honda. Cr125,cr250,xr250 dirt bikes. Honda foreman,rincon for atv's. I still have a like new honda pioneer 500 also but it don't see much seat time since the wolvy purchase.

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

It is very stiff with little travel. It is nice on very tight atv trails. But I use it mainly for yard work. Pulling scrape on gravel drive and pulling pull behind mower. It was my first SxS moving from rincon. I quickly realized this was not what I had in mind for a SxS. It is very tippy in off camber situations that I don't even pay attention to in the wolvy. But the main thing I like about it is the low gear and the paddle shift. It is basically a honda foreman with a golf cart body in my opinion.

13. Likes Timmi liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast