Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

clutch questions

last year i put a new yamaha belt on my grizzly, installed a purple secondary spring and a 1.45mm shim and slugged the wet clutch
    i recently received my new JBS sheave and pulled everything apart to clean old parts and install the new ones. in my inspection of everything i had a few questions.]

my biggest concern came from the belt/cover. it appears to have rubbed the cover on the back side around the secondary. are those deep marks suppose to be wear indicators?

and took a couple tiny chunks out of the corner of the belt

i measured the belt at the widest point and it measured 32.2mm... well above the limit suggested by yamaha of 30mm. i measured it like this

at what point do you reduce the shim to keep the belt from rubbing the cover?
    is the belt junk because of the little chunk or two missing from it?
    did i measure the belt in the correct spot? (if i measure between the "fins" its almost a MM narrower)

Thanks for any help!!!

I think I can speak to one of the questions. The pins pictured in your secondary pic - those take a small amount of poly urea grease. Is that what you're seeing.
    2011 Commander XT 1000

2006 660 Special Edition (Sold)
    Had lots of neat stuff...

There is some grease and dust caked on the backside of the sheave. But when I pulled the cup (that slides over and seals the pins/grease) the grease didn't appear to be leaking between the cup and sheave so I'm thinking it may have been excess left over from last year when I regreased it. And it just flung off. Last night I did order all new seals just to be on the safe side

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I was also looking closely at my new sheave and the casting from Yamaha looks wicked rough! Mine looks nice and smooth/clean and the new one not so much. Is this normal? Will all those touch spots smooth out with use?

You're fine
    08 700 ...

Thanks

So I finished my installation tonight and had a chance to take it for a quick spin around my small dooryard... WOW!!! This sheave is amazing! Well done James!! I can't wait to get out this weekend and really rip on it!

8. Likes jd283, Timmi liked this post
    Thanks..let me know if you need any thing

Sent from my PantechP4100 using Tapatalk
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880