Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1" too deep

1" too deep

Took the Teryx just a smidge to deep in the water this past weekend at Busco. Luckily I only flooded my cvt and have since built a new snorkel to the roof but here are some pics.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2. Likes flimmy, Timmi, WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    I guess your gonna do the intake too.
    Nice vids not pics on your db page at busco!
    Why was the rhino in the tree? Lol

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
    2012 blue 700
    JBS Stage 2 Extreme sheave: 15gram sliders: gold spring: Dynatek: JBS splash guards: JBS Slugged clutch: 30x9/10x14 Monster Mayhem: 14" ss212: 2"+ JD lift: 4500lb champion winch: hyperlube radiator treatment: rzr seats-JD lowered: JD 3" cage chop: blue underglows/dome light: JD aluminum roof: JD tower speaker bar with 4 1/2" and bluetooth amp: 42" light bar forward cubes rear: Half windshield: Snorkel your UTV by JD:

Vids n pics. Dam spl check posses me offffffff!

2012 blue 700
    JBS Stage 2 Extreme sheave: 15gram sliders: gold spring: Dynatek: JBS splash guards: JBS Slugged clutch: 30x9/10x14 Monster Mayhem: 14" ss212: 2"+ JD lift: 4500lb champion winch: hyperlube radiator treatment: rzr seats-JD lowered: JD 3" cage chop: blue underglows/dome light: JD aluminum roof: JD tower speaker bar with 4 1/2" and bluetooth amp: 42" light bar forward cubes rear: Half windshield: Snorkel your UTV by JD:

My intakes are already to the roof. Water just got over my short cvt exhaust. Rhino got flooded over his snorkels too.

Here is my engine and cvt intake pipes beside the A pillars

7. Likes Timmi liked this post
    On my rhino I never had to tree it. Just pull the plug let it drain then rev in neutral for a few minutes and let er eat.

2012 blue 700

If its a 700 there's a intake drain 12" or so bellow the air box too. I have seen guys stand them on their nose for the intake tube when all you gotta do is pull a plug dry hose at throttle body an it's good.

2012 blue 700

that was me up the tree....lol... snorkels never went under so I was ok there. problem was my exhaust is not snorkeled and the rhino high centered when I let off the gas a bit to get it into reverse it stalled so I just let chilly pull me out. he pulled me over to a tree I winched it up drained the water outta the exhaust and slowly turned it over while hangin from the tree. after a few bumps of the starter it started hanging from the tree and ran fine the rest of the weekend. my cvt snorkel did its job and kept my belt dry along with all the small breather lines like the differentials , crank case , rad overflow ...etc.
    Redneck Crazy - 2017 Teryx4 LE , 4" portals , cage chop , arched A arms , 32x10x14 pro armor crawler xg , sti hd beadlocks , winch bumper , 5,000# winch , custom snorkels.

No good mudder would be without at least 2 of these stories. LOL Before snorkels mine fell off an underwater cliff that was supposed to be a road. Killed it before it took on water like you but a little worse water went through exhaust then the engine down the intake tube and up to air filter...several gallons there.....hydrolocked the engine but no harm done since the only water in the engine was pushed through the plug hole.

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    that was me up the tree....lol... snorkels never went under so I was ok there. problem was my exhaust is not snorkeled and the rhino high centered when I let off the gas a bit to get it into reverse it stalled so I just let chilly pull me out. he pulled me over to a tree I winched it up drained the water outta the exhaust and slowly turned it over while hangin from the tree. after a few bumps of the starter it started hanging from the tree and ran fine the rest of the weekend. my cvt snorkel did its job and kept my belt dry along with all the small breather lines like the differentials , crank case , rad overflow ...etc.
    2012 blue 700

12. Likes mike liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by jd283 View Post
    No good mudder would be without at least 2 of these stories. LOL Before snorkels mine fell off an underwater cliff that was supposed to be a road. Killed it before it took on water like you but a little worse water went through exhaust then the engine down the intake tube and up to air filter...several gallons there.....hydrolocked the engine but no harm done since the only water in the engine was pushed through the plug hole.
    Was it running without the spark plug in, to block the hole while it was underwater ???? Or, was the water puddled in the recess to drain in when you removed the plug?
    | I took the one less traveled by....
    | Oh, Oh .

| ............... #
    |___________________________________

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast