Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Idaho-Montana ride

We just got back from 4 days riding the longest unimproved road in the US. It's called the Magruder Corridor.
    The road starts just south of Elk City, Idaho and threads the needle between the Bitterroot wilderness, and the Frank Church River of no return wilderness, ending just short of Darby, Montana.

The fun part is roughly 85 miles, with side roads closer to 100. We started late in the afternoon on Weds and got back to the trucks Saturday afternoon.

It was a complete kick in the ass!

Elevations range from 3500 to over 8000. A lot of the road is between 6500 and 7700.

There were 10 of us in total. My daughter and I in the Viking, one of my cousins in a late model Jeep Wrangler, and the rest of them on trail bikes.

Our total mileage was just short of 200.

The Viking performed flawlessly, as did my Motohammer tires.. this road is rough. Very rocky and really, really hard on tires. I'm very pleased with these skins.

Anyway... here are some pics;

Campsite for Weds nite.

the road up to Burnt Knob lookout. Steep as a cows face, and rougher than a cob.

The top of the mountain. 8200 feet.

Not a bad view huh? You can see three states from here..

My little girl had a great time too!

Kind of cool to be out in the middle of nowhere and get a fly by! Cessna Caravan out for a jaunt..

Our campsite Thursday night in Montana. Had to load the SL350 on the hitch carrier and run to Darby. The shift shaft broke. My cousin welded it back up as good as new!

Next day my little brother hit a deer at about 20-25 on the 71 DT175. The bike fared quite a bit better than he did.. back to Hamilton for exrays & stitches.. back later that night.
    2018 Pioneer 1000-3 LE
    2015 Viking SE (sold)

2. Likes scottwv, 08Rhino450SE liked this post
    couple more shots of the ride..

And a good time was had by all.... well, except maybe my little brother LOL!
    Nah.. he was fine. We were all just glad it wasn't any worse.
    2018 Pioneer 1000-3 LE
    2015 Viking SE (sold)

4. Likes 08Rhino450SE, Kenny G liked this post
    After this ride, it's obvious what I need next; Better suspension, and JBS sheave/slugs.
    2018 Pioneer 1000-3 LE
    2015 Viking SE (sold)

6. Likes Timmi, madmax 1 liked this post
    cool pics thx for sharing
    Sent from my momma's basement

"The family Comfort Wagon"..JBS sheave, +6 LT w/kings, 4 seat cage w/3 twisted stitch seats

great pics mjn!! you guys out west sure do have some beautiful scenery!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CASPAR
    2016 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec (camo)
    Yamaha roof, Yamaha folding windshield, Yamaha fender flares, Yamaha heavy duty front and rear bumpers, Yamaha toolbox, Yamaha vinyl rear window. JBS sheave and slug kit (18g sliders for now) 28x10x14 blackwater evolution tires on 14 inch MSA M26 dark tint vibe wheels, Superwinch 4,500lb winch, 2-32 inch light bars on front, light pods on pillars, 32 inch ligh bar on back, eagle eye backup lights, homemade led whips,

9. Likes Timmi liked this post
    you can have both!

Quote Originally Posted by mjn View Post
    After this ride, it's obvious what I need next; Better suspension, and JBS sheave/slugs.

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Still Shakin' the Cage 08Rhino450SE's Avatar
    cool pix, great scenery. thanks for posting up

looks like a memorable trip
    Mountaineers are Always Free!

Great pictures and love the old DT .

Looks and sounds like you had a blast, got to watch those deer, dam-it! Thanks for posting up.
    06/450: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod Sheave/12gr OD's; Blue Spring; 04 Style/KN Air; Dyna CDI; Axia Exhaust Tip; 3" Lift; Sport Shocks; 27X14 Mudlite XTR's; Warn 2500#

08/700: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod X-Sheave/16gr OD's/Slugged; Purple Spring; Alba TB; Raptor HotCam; MSD/JBS-Map; Yoshimura Duals; Pro One Doors; LSR MTS; LSR Front & Back Supports; Ricochet Skids; Elka 4's; RackZilla/PS: 26X12 Pitbull Growlers; Camoplast T4S; Viper 4500#; Trail Bright LEDs.
    Let'em Buck!!!

awesome pics, thanks for posting up
    07 camo 660,yoshi duals,kms intake,dynatec cdi,jet kit, montana jack f&r winch mount,w/ warn xt40, 27" bighorns,2" lift, cab with summit heater,aux red top optima, 5 bad ass jrt's on board,itp ss 212s, jbs sheave,14 gr. wts,orange spring, 40 " led light bar, autometer guages,equus tach,innovate afm, jensen ms30 ,jbl 6.5s, elka stage 1 shocks, kenwood 2way radio, alpine ktp445u amp, led headlight mod,twisted stitch harnesses,pro1 doors, 60 amp alternator,power steering, pc925 battery

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast