Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Riding for the Big Guy!

RZR axles and wheel bearings

My MIL has a 14 RZR XC and both rear wheel bearings are shot and the outer cv on one is shot. I'm not teryx guy so I don't know much about aftermarket on these. Is there a better wheel bearings than oem? And would I be better of getting a new axle instead of replacing the cv? If so, what brand?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

In my opinion, the Polaris bearings are better. I've run the All Balls brand bearings and they just don't hold up as well. As far as the CV, I'd lean toward replacing the entire axle with a Rhino axle or the lower cost ADR axle, both from SuperATV. The Rhino axle is a little more expensive but has a better boot.
    2015 Polaris Ranger 900
    RVS 86HP Tune | Elka Shocks | QSC Clutching | 27" VIPRs | 5000lb Viper | Baja Designs Lights | Wet Sounds Stealth 10 | 10" SSV Subwoofer | Highlifter Snorkels

2014 Kawasaki Teryx4 800

Warn Provantage 4500-S
    28" Terminators | MSA Kore | Highlifter Lift | 50" Radius Lightbar | Dual Batteries |

2011 Yamaha Rhino 734 Sport
    Alba 734 | Racer's Edge +2 head | CP 11:1 Piston | 46mm Benchmark TB | JBS Sheave, Muzzys | WER shocks | CATVOS 3" lift | 30" Bighorns

3. Likes Timmi, 08Rhino450SE liked this post
    Riding for the Big Guy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    In my opinion, the Polaris bearings are better. I've run the All Balls brand bearings and they just don't hold up as well. As far as the CV, I'd lean toward replacing the entire axle with a Rhino axle or the lower cost ADR axle, both from SuperATV. The Rhino axle is a little more expensive but has a better boot.
    Thanks Chris.

I ran a rhino brand axle in the one I had. Fit great, and worked like it should. Priced right too. Don't know about the wheel bearings, didn't keep it long enough to replace them. I would say go oem on those.
    JBS 734 with Crank Works crank and rod - CP 11:1 BBK- Hotcams stage 3 Raptor cam - JBS ported head - JBS Hot Rod sheave with 16s - Gold secondary - 26x9 OG Bighorns on Racline wheels - BRP cdi - Bazzaz Z FI - Yoshimura exhaust - Hump's led headlight swap with Trailbrightled lights - 10" Rigid SR light bar - 4" cage chop with home made custom bracing - home built doors - Mishimoto radiator

Riding for the Big Guy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hump View Post
    I ran a rhino brand axle in the one I had. Fit great, and worked like it should. Priced right too. Don't know about the wheel bearings, didn't keep it long enough to replace them. I would say go oem on those.
    Thanks Hump. Rhino axle showed up next day from Super ATV. Went ahead and got bearings from them too.