Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

2016 grizzly vs brute force 750.

im lookin for a new machine its either gonna be a 2016 grizz or a 2012 brute with 200 miles and in new condition. the grizzly has everything over the brute except power and well I love power. there is $2,000.00 between the 2 is the grizz worth $2,000.00 more ? im not worried about resale value. the only things keeping me from the grizz is reliability of a first year machine and lack of power. I did read some posts of people complaining of stalling , hot legs , hot storage , running lean well you get the point. I have had 2 brutes in the past both were problem free. I trail ride and mud so whatever I get will get snorkeled and at least 28" tires. im only interested in the 2016 grizz no other years. I find 2007-2015 to be very uncomfortable. the 2016 feels like my old 2004 grizz. how has your 2016 grizz held up ? does any one have a 2016 grizz with some clutch work ? how does that run ?
    Redneck Crazy - 2017 Teryx4 LE , 4" portals , cage chop , arched A arms , 32x10x14 pro armor crawler xg , sti hd beadlocks , winch bumper , 5,000# winch , custom snorkels.

If you gotta have power... the brute seems the choice and for less money to boot. I agree about those years being uncomfortable. I like the way my king quad feels and the brutes feel much more.

I had a 08 brute force and now have 16 grizzly I would never even think about going back to brute it has some power but the reliability was horrible if a seal wasn't leaking something electrical was giving me a fit.....and they ride like crap compared to this grizzly but, brutes are tough just don't ever get water in one it is a ticking time bomb then lol

Mike as a previous owner of a v twin prairie and a 700 grizzly, I can tell you for what you are going to do with it, get the brute.
    JBS 734 with Crank Works crank and rod - CP 11:1 BBK- Hotcams stage 3 Raptor cam - JBS ported head - JBS Hot Rod sheave with 16s - Gold secondary - 26x9 OG Bighorns on Racline wheels - BRP cdi - Bazzaz Z FI - Yoshimura exhaust - Hump's led headlight swap with Trailbrightled lights - 10" Rigid SR light bar - 4" cage chop with home made custom bracing - home built doors - Mishimoto radiator

I absolutely LOVED my '09 Brute. I only had it for 3000 miles, but they were hard miles, and it was stone cold reliable. The only thing I'd change on it is I'd get power steering next time.
    I giggled every time I hammered it.. those suckers rip!
    2018 Pioneer 1000-3 LE
    2015 Viking SE (sold)

I have had 2 brutes a 05 and a 12 with power steering the only grizzly I owned was a 2004 660. I loved the 660 grizz but it seriously lacked power that's why I went to brute. my 12 brute was nice but there were things that I really did not like about the brute. what I really need to do is get some seat time on a 16 grizzly. im willing to sacrifice some power for the grizzly but I need to ride one before I make a decision.
    Redneck Crazy - 2017 Teryx4 LE , 4" portals , cage chop , arched A arms , 32x10x14 pro armor crawler xg , sti hd beadlocks , winch bumper , 5,000# winch , custom snorkels.

I know a guy that can made a grizzly haul ass if you really want one and need a little more power. I would bet one would haul ass with the famous cam, cdi, controller, sheave combo.

When I traded from the 650 prairie to the grizzly 700 in 2007, I felt like I lost some power. Chose it over everything I ever threw a leg over because of how it felt to set on and drive. The looks were a plus also. The soft wide seat with the real narrow tank area between the knees just made it comfortable. 40 or so miles and I would be done with the prairie, but I could ride that grizzly all day. Just do like I did with my rhino. Buy it, ride it one day to make sure it's good, and take it to that place in Mt Hope.
    JBS 734 with Crank Works crank and rod - CP 11:1 BBK- Hotcams stage 3 Raptor cam - JBS ported head - JBS Hot Rod sheave with 16s - Gold secondary - 26x9 OG Bighorns on Racline wheels - BRP cdi - Bazzaz Z FI - Yoshimura exhaust - Hump's led headlight swap with Trailbrightled lights - 10" Rigid SR light bar - 4" cage chop with home made custom bracing - home built doors - Mishimoto radiator

I know this post is a bit old but I just went through this so I thought I would comment.
    I bought a 2016 kodiak 700 in November 2015 and man was I really unimpressed. I had gotten the Kodiak for its smaller size and ability to turn quicker than a grizzly.
    I did not realize the difference in the clutching and such.
    Now
    I did a custom 1 3/4 exhaust tip, resistor in the iat sensor, cut the tube out the center of the air filter leading to the t body, ehs fuel controller and a mix of 50 percent e85 and 50 percent e10 93 octane.
    On the clutch side I had 2016 grizzly rollers and a 1mm shim.
    On a trail ride I found a 2009 750 brute and we raced twice both in 2wd both times.
    He had exhaust and 27 or 28 inch tires
    Me with my previously stated mods
    Our dig race was a flop he got the hit and stayed in front but did pull on me.
    Our roll race we both hit it at the same time and I actually had a fender on him till 50 or so when we ran out of room.
    Now I have a Jbs sheave and more exhaust work and better tuning and I am sure I could pull him till I run out of top speed.
    There is a old canam 800 outty around here but I can't get him to line up without it being for money (he is kinda a weird dude)

Quote Originally Posted by tech1460 View Post
    There is a old canam 800 outty around here but I can't get him to line up without it being for money (he is kinda a weird dude)
    Offer him 50. Cents that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk