Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  19
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Rhino 700 owners...check THIS

All y'all that have 700's need to check you rear brake line where it runs under your air intake tube ! This is a pic of mine (08) with a lil over 5k miles..."age" doesn't matter tho...Trav's bike is a 12 ; and , his blew out a few months ago ! I looked at mine when his went out and it didn't look like this...needless to say , I have "another" project to do bfor next wkend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	583 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	10204  
    08 700 ...

This is very important to know about. Thanks for the heads up. I would expect that this will become a recall before too long due to the safety aspect. It might be a good idea to report this to Yamaha such that they can nip it in the bud.
    | I took the one less traveled by....
    | Oh, Oh .

| ............... #
    |___________________________________

3. Likes Kenny G, minerwelder liked this post
    Good info, like Steve said maybe Yamaha will do a recall before mine needs repaired, lol..... Best take a look at it this weekend, might already need repaired!
    06/450: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod Sheave/12gr OD's; Blue Spring; 04 Style/KN Air; Dyna CDI; Axia Exhaust Tip; 3" Lift; Sport Shocks; 27X14 Mudlite XTR's; Warn 2500#

08/700: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod X-Sheave/16gr OD's/Slugged; Purple Spring; Alba TB; Raptor HotCam; MSD/JBS-Map; Yoshimura Duals; Pro One Doors; LSR MTS; LSR Front & Back Supports; Ricochet Skids; Elka 4's; RackZilla/PS: 26X12 Pitbull Growlers; Camoplast T4S; Viper 4500#; Trail Bright LEDs.
    Let'em Buck!!!

wow, definitely going to be checking mine. great to know about. hopefully a recall will come up
    08 700SE
    --Beast Mode--
    JBS BBK stroker w/clutching
    MTS

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny G View Post
    Good info, like Steve said maybe Yamaha will do a recall before mine needs repaired, lol..... Best take a look at it this weekend, might already need repaired!
    The sucky thing is , there isn't a connector "block" in the line...it is one piece from the master cylinder all the way back .
    08 700 ...

Quote Originally Posted by scottwv View Post
    The sucky thing is , there isn't a connector "block" in the line...it is one piece from the master cylinder all the way back .
    What mashed that thing?
    JBS 734 with Crank Works crank and rod - CP 11:1 BBK- Hotcams stage 3 Raptor cam - JBS ported head - JBS Hot Rod sheave with 16s - Gold secondary - 26x9 OG Bighorns on Racline wheels - BRP cdi - Bazzaz Z FI - Yoshimura exhaust - Hump's led headlight swap with Trailbrightled lights - 10" Rigid SR light bar - 4" cage chop with home made custom bracing - home built doors - Mishimoto radiator

Holy cow! Someone explain to me what we're supposed to be lookin at! I'm just a yuppy. I send emails for a living. Am I in danger?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hump View Post
    What mashed that thing?

That isn't mashed...that is where it has been rubbing the air box tube !!
    08 700 ...

10. Thanks Hump, minerwelder thanked for this post
    ^^^...no clue as to why it hasn't blown yet
    08 700 ...

checked mine and i can get my fingers between the tube and the brake line, no rub on my 08.......
    08' 700 Sport ,LSR mid travel suspension, WER shocks, Bazazz controller, 4500 Superwinch, Cab heater, uni ps., Hids, 3D MSD, Super Crank,Alba 734bb, cam, +2ported head, JBS Sheave, gold spring, 16gr, 26''Bighorns, ITP216s, Dual Muzzy's, Pro 1 doors, Ride On dust shield, Many thanks James & Nikki for your awesome JBS Build and Friendship.......Second to NONE

13. Likes scottwv liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast