Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yamaha viking hp spal radiator cooling fan

Just wondered if anyone upgraded to this aftermarket fan for the their Viking.

http://www.universalpartsinc.com/sho...aspx?i=1077651

If you have, did you need to change the circuit breaker? They mention in the details that it ma require a higher amp circuit breaker or fuse. The fan fuse is 25 amps so I believe that should be good, but the electrical diagram shows a circuit breaker between the fan relay and the fan (unless that circuit breaker is internal to the fan I haven't checked).

Any feedback would be great. Thanks!

I have had one in for a month now, no issues just great cooling. OEM died after 120hrs. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have had one in my Rhino for over a year now and its still going strong!
    06 Rhino 686 s/e blue, 11:1 piston, stage 1 hot cam, raptor springs, JBS sheave and clutching, cmf 2" lift, alum air box, exhaust tip, dial a jet, j strong roof, ride on dust shield, power steering, Stage 5 Elka's riding on 28" 11 14 mega mayhems all around on sti hd3 wheels, hp cooling fan, 3500# winch, 32" led light bar and stuff!

Awesome! Thanks for the info everyone. I went ahead and ordered it. I'm hoping I can get it mounted without having to open the cooling system.

With the rad in the front and the engine in the back I'm betting that system is a PITA to burp.

Jack the front end high up in the air when burping. JBS has a video. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes Timmi liked this post

Pulling an old thread back to the surface... I see a lot of fans die and cause major problems. Getting ready to take a big trip in a couple of weeks with my big Viking VI. The machine is a 2015, I don't run in the water and don't go mudding...but I have 105 hrs and 1500 miles on the machine. Would hate to go 800+ miles and melt her down over the cooling fan...
    2015 Yamaha Viking VI EPS (Camo):
    -JBS Extreme Sheave, JBS Skids, JBS Arm Guards, JBS AIS Block Off, JBS Rad Guards, JBS Slug Kit, 28" Terrabites/14" Hurricanes

2018 Yamaha Wolverine X4 SE (Silver):
    -JBS Extreme Sheave, JBS Spring Kit, 28” Terrabites/14" Hurricanes, Weller ECM Flash

the vent tubes get clogged and kill the bearing. extend the vent tube and and point the open end down

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

9. Likes jimclemjr liked this post

So I am hearing that I should be good (or as good as the stock fan can be) then...mine is already routed a little better and has the end (with a good chunk) facing down. Pulled it off the other day and blew everything out to keep the dust out. Seems to be working ok at this point.

This is a bigger purchase at this time, so I will likely hope for the best on our trip and look to get one this summer...
    2015 Yamaha Viking VI EPS (Camo):
    -JBS Extreme Sheave, JBS Skids, JBS Arm Guards, JBS AIS Block Off, JBS Rad Guards, JBS Slug Kit, 28" Terrabites/14" Hurricanes

2018 Yamaha Wolverine X4 SE (Silver):
    -JBS Extreme Sheave, JBS Spring Kit, 28” Terrabites/14" Hurricanes, Weller ECM Flash

I just put that fan in mine. My stock one quit working. Some WD-40 in the vent tube once in a while and you should be good to go. What happens is the brushes inside corrode and get stuck back.

12. Likes jimclemjr liked this post
    I put the spal fan on my Viking and that thing moves some air. I also bypassed the factory cooling fan circuitry and plumbed in my own temp switch which triggers a relay to run fan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast