Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Problems with one Reverse tail light flickering

I have an 09 700 Sport with the factory LED reverse lights. Recently the driver side reverse LED flickers/flashes when I am in reverse, yet the passenger side is constant on like it should be. I looked and did not find any frayed/shorted wires as I thought that might be causing it. Any other ideas what might be causing it? Or do you think I am just not seeing a frayed wire somewhere?
    2017 Teryx 4 800 LE - Stock for now

SOLD:
    2009 Rhino 700 Sport, 4 Seater Cage, 25" Artrax CTX (Bighorn 2.0 clones), MSD, JBS Sheave 18G with Purple spring.

Quote Originally Posted by 09RhinoAZ View Post
    I have an 09 700 Sport with the factory LED reverse lights. Recently the driver side reverse LED flickers/flashes when I am in reverse, yet the passenger side is constant on like it should be. I looked and did not find any frayed/shorted wires as I thought that might be causing it. Any other ideas what might be causing it? Or do you think I am just not seeing a frayed wire somewhere?
    Since one of your reverse lights is functioning properly, it has to be something not right about the one that is flickering. Both would be powered from the same source circuit. Did you also check the ground connection on the side that is flickering? If the ground connection is simply a bolt going into the frame somewhere, it is suspect. Many frame members are simply bolted together with no provisions for insuring a good electrical connection to other frame members. On the Rhinos, the frame grounding is done rather poorly, if at all.
    | I took the one less traveled by....
    | Oh, Oh .

| ............... #
    |___________________________________

Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Since one of your reverse lights is functioning properly, it has to be something not right about the one that is flickering. Both would be powered from the same source circuit. Did you also check the ground connection on the side that is flickering? If the ground connection is simply a bolt going into the frame somewhere, it is suspect. Many frame members are simply bolted together with no provisions for insuring a good electrical connection to other frame members. On the Rhinos, the frame grounding is done rather poorly, if at all.
    Thanks. I will check that corner more closely to see if I can find a ground issue. Hopefully it is not an issue with the LEDs.
    2017 Teryx 4 800 LE - Stock for now

SOLD:
    2009 Rhino 700 Sport, 4 Seater Cage, 25" Artrax CTX (Bighorn 2.0 clones), MSD, JBS Sheave 18G with Purple spring.

I have the same year rhino and my passenger side did the same thing then just died...tried plugging it in on the driver's side still doesn't work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

5. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by 09RhinoAZ View Post
    Thanks. I will check that corner more closely to see if I can find a ground issue. Hopefully it is not an issue with the LEDs.
    also one thing to also see is the connections. not sure how or what style of connector you used when you connected the lights but that is a pretty common trouble spot. especially if weatherproof connections were not used.
    08 700SE
    --Beast Mode--
    JBS BBK stroker w/clutching
    MTS

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Rat View Post
    I have the same year rhino and my passenger side did the same thing then just died...tried plugging it in on the driver's side still doesn't work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    mine did the same thing
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880