Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Leaking axle boot

I noticed drivers side rear axle boot had a small amount of oil under it. Should I get it fixed now? Or wait till it gets worse?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2016 Wolverine
    Eibach purple spring
    Extreme Sheave 16 gram weights
    slugs
    28x14 Roctanes.
    2 in Highlifter
    YXZ seats

Fix it. It might be the axle seal at the rear end. Or it may have leaked if you had the axle out. Just make sure you know where it is coming from before you fix it. If it is the boot that is an easy fix (messy job) if you get to it soon enough. If you do replace the boot buy the OEM one form James. I tried a few aftermarket ones to save a buck and it turned out poorly for me. The OEM boots cost twice as much, but last 20x as long.
    2007 660 JBS sheave, and MSD Charge

3. Likes Timmi, Kenny G liked this post
    i just washed it. Its just starting to throw grease where the metal band clamps together around the boot. Thanks for the info.

if its minimal;;;may remove it with nippers n replace with hose clamp n call good. my front right boot twisted n leaked a little. just straightend it n squeezed with nippers;;;;that was last year and still good. 2 options before you pull it. try n keep n eye on it!!
    2012 blue 700
    JBS Stage 2 Extreme sheave: 15gram sliders: gold spring: Dynatek: JBS splash guards: JBS Slugged clutch: 30x9/10x14 Monster Mayhem: 14" ss212: 2"+ JD lift: 4500lb champion winch: hyperlube radiator treatment: rzr seats-JD lowered: JD 3" cage chop: blue underglows/dome light: JD aluminum roof: JD tower speaker bar with 4 1/2" and bluetooth amp: 42" light bar forward cubes rear: Half windshield: Snorkel your UTV by JD:

Fix it ! The oe boot kits James sells are sweet ! They come with the grease , bands , and cir-clips (all except the one that holds the outer cv to the axle shaft...don't bugger it up !! ) I have done a bunch of these ; and , I recommend you pick up a banding tool and some bands...I have never been able to squeeze the band on the outer cv, and get it to hook.
    08 700 ...

7. Likes Kenny G liked this post