Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

2017 yamaha yxz1000r special edition

Here are some improvements that make the 2017 YXZ1000R and SE version better than the 2016 model. For 2017 Yamaha set a base price of $19,999 for the 5 speed manual stick shift model. The SE stick shifter is $21,599 The paddle shifting SS model sells for $20,599 and for $22,399 you can get the special edition Yamaha YXZ1000R SS. So basically that’s only a $1,600-$1,800 premium and here’s what you get. You can see the full list of features and specs on the 2017 Yamaha YXZ1000R SS Special Edition
    HERE.

The SE version has the most advanced shock ever mounted on a UTV. On the outside, it gets a new two spring set up with crossover rings that make preload adjustments more precise to whatever needs you have. On the compression side, there are two circuits to play with; hi and low speed. Two circuits on the rebound side are also available. The high speed rebound circuit gets rid of any kicking or bucking you may have heard reported on the standard model.

Whether you buy them for looks or for their intended purpose, beadlocks are the most common type of wheel upgrade. The SE models comes with strong 14-inch beadlock wheels as stock equipment. The wheel is the narrowest offset you can buy.
    The insanely adjustable Fox Podium X2 shocks that come on the Special Edition YXZ1000R are a heavier shock. The internal bypass system requires an extra canister inside, plus there are blow off and top out springs inside that remind of fat valve springs, which add additional weight. Top combat this, Yamaha replaced both steel spindle knuckles in the back with cast aluminum parts that shaves off almost four pounds each.

for 2017 all YXZ’s get upgraded heat shielding surrounding the transmission. The hidden heat mats are a little wider and thinker than last year providing a claimed 15 percent more protection.

Color is an individual preference. The YXZ’s comes in several color options but the Special Edition model is the only one that comes with stronger, scratch resistant painted body work. The matte black finish looks real cool. The red accents look great as well. However, if you wish, the red accents can be removed to have an all black look.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_4.jpg 
Views:	434 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	10530   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_3.jpg 
Views:	431 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	10531  

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

2. Thanks WV Hot Rod Rhino thanked for this post
    Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    That's sweet! Even thought the red and black make me think of a canned ham

Sent from my STV100-1 Priv
    08 700SE
    --Beast Mode--
    JBS BBK stroker w/clutching
    MTS

the red and black can hams have white on them too though

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

While that is true. It was just the first thing that popped in my head. I like the look though.

Sent from my STV100-1 Priv
    08 700SE
    --Beast Mode--
    JBS BBK stroker w/clutching
    MTS

I think the suspension on the YXZ1000 SE has got to the best suspension out there, save for the 72" wide Can-AM X3. But those two machines are not truly an apples to apples comparison.

Yamaha rarely disappoints in the suspension department when it comes to SE or Sport model UTVs. It wasn't too many years ago that the Rhino 700 Sport Edition came with those gas charged, piggyback reservoir shocks with threaded preload, compression, and rebound dampening. Those shocks were the reason to buy the Sport model alone, and used sets up for sale on the forums didn't last long at all. It was really amazing how well they rode with the 7" of travel they provided.

Also consider the Wolverine R-Spec suspension. The Wolverine consistently gets high marks in the suspension department, even against machines with more suspension travel such as the RZR-S. Even with "only" 10" of wheel travel, the Wolverine has well dampened travel with threaded preload, high and low speed compression, and rebound dampening adjustments.

The YXZ1000R SE models take suspension even further. That's what is so impressive to me. Real dual rate springs with adjustable crossover is top shelf stuff on a box stock machine. And high and low speed rebound dampening is really impressive. The RZR Turbo has nice FOX internal bypass shocks, but I think this YXZ suspension is even better. I don't think I have the skill to drive a machine with that kind of suspension to its full potential. I'd love to ride with someone who could.
    2015 Polaris Ranger 900
    RVS 86HP Tune | Elka Shocks | QSC Clutching | 27" VIPRs | 5000lb Viper | Baja Designs Lights | Wet Sounds Stealth 10 | 10" SSV Subwoofer | Highlifter Snorkels

2014 Kawasaki Teryx4 800

Warn Provantage 4500-S
    28" Terminators | MSA Kore | Highlifter Lift | 50" Radius Lightbar | Dual Batteries |

2011 Yamaha Rhino 734 Sport
    Alba 734 | Racer's Edge +2 head | CP 11:1 Piston | 46mm Benchmark TB | JBS Sheave, Muzzys | WER shocks | CATVOS 3" lift | 30" Bighorns

7. Thanks Timmi thanked for this post
    Likes jd283 liked this post
    What Chris said.... thumbs up bro !

Like the colors a lot on this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00N0N_2Ks9vV7NsBM_600x450.jpg 
Views:	343 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	10618  
    06/450: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod Sheave/12gr OD's; Blue Spring; 04 Style/KN Air; Dyna CDI; Axia Exhaust Tip; 3" Lift; Sport Shocks; 27X14 Mudlite XTR's; Warn 2500#

08/700: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod X-Sheave/16gr OD's/Slugged; Purple Spring; Alba TB; Raptor HotCam; MSD/JBS-Map; Yoshimura Duals; Pro One Doors; LSR MTS; LSR Front & Back Supports; Ricochet Skids; Elka 4's; RackZilla/PS: 26X12 Pitbull Growlers; Camoplast T4S; Viper 4500#; Trail Bright LEDs.
    Let'em Buck!!!

10. Likes Timmi liked this post
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmi View Post

Here are some improvements that make the 2017 YXZ1000R and SE version better than the 2016 model. For 2017 Yamaha set a base price of $19,999 for the 5 speed manual stick shift model. The SE stick shifter is $21,599 The paddle shifting SS model sells for $20,599 and for $22,399 you can get the special edition Yamaha YXZ1000R SS. So basically that’s only a $1,600-$1,800 premium and here’s what you get. You can see the full list of features and specs on the 2017 Yamaha YXZ1000R SS Special Edition
    HERE.

The SE version has the most advanced shock ever mounted on a UTV. On the outside, it gets a new two spring set up with crossover rings that make preload adjustments more precise to whatever needs you have. On the compression side, there are two circuits to play with; hi and low speed. Two circuits on the rebound side are also available. The high speed rebound circuit gets rid of any kicking or bucking you may have heard reported on the standard model.

Whether you buy them for looks or for their intended purpose, beadlocks are the most common type of wheel upgrade. The SE models comes with strong 14-inch beadlock wheels as stock equipment. The wheel is the narrowest offset you can buy.
    The insanely adjustable Fox Podium X2 shocks that come on the Special Edition YXZ1000R are a heavier shock. The internal bypass system requires an extra canister inside, plus there are blow off and top out springs inside that remind of fat valve springs, which add additional weight. Top combat this, Yamaha replaced both steel spindle knuckles in the back with cast aluminum parts that shaves off almost four pounds each.

for 2017 all YXZ’s get upgraded heat shielding surrounding the transmission. The hidden heat mats are a little wider and thinker than last year providing a claimed 15 percent more protection.

Color is an individual preference. The YXZ’s comes in several color options but the Special Edition model is the only one that comes with stronger, scratch resistant painted body work. The matte black finish looks real cool. The red accents look great as well. However, if you wish, the red accents can be removed to have an all black look.
    Them colors are bad!!! Sweet

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk