Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Belt temp gauge

Belt temp gauge

Razorback technology has a new waterproof infrared belt temp gauge the 3.0. It gives the actual temp of the belt itself not the air in the cvt cover. It displays the temp in real time and records the high temp. I got one for Christmas and hope to get it put in this week and I'll post how it does.
    *also I did upgrade to the Pro temp probe because it has a smaller field of view to make sure it is only reading the belt and not the cvt or anything else.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I really like this gauge. I was set on buying one for my Ranger 900, because it had a tendency to blow belts unexpectedly. After I did the Duraclutch, my belt.problems have disappeared.

Be sure to post up pics. I'm very interested.
    2015 Polaris Ranger 900
    RVS 86HP Tune | Elka Shocks | QSC Clutching | 27" VIPRs | 5000lb Viper | Baja Designs Lights | Wet Sounds Stealth 10 | 10" SSV Subwoofer | Highlifter Snorkels

2014 Kawasaki Teryx4 800

Warn Provantage 4500-S
    28" Terminators | MSA Kore | Highlifter Lift | 50" Radius Lightbar | Dual Batteries |

2011 Yamaha Rhino 734 Sport
    Alba 734 | Racer's Edge +2 head | CP 11:1 Piston | 46mm Benchmark TB | JBS Sheave, Muzzys | WER shocks | CATVOS 3" lift | 30" Bighorns

Chris, what are your thoughts comparing the duraclutch to the Yamaha clutch?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    After I did the Duraclutch, my belt.problems have disappeared.

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Quote Originally Posted by Timmi View Post
    Chris, what are your thoughts comparing the duraclutch to the Yamaha clutch?
    The Duraclutch is almost as good as the Yamaha Ultramatic. The reason I say this is because the Duraclutch is really nice. When you no longer use the belt as a clutch, you're doing CVT engineering the right way, LoL! The biggest difference, and the real advantage the Yamaha system has over the Duraclutch, is how the centrifugal clutch is executed. The Duraclutch makes use of two smaller dry centrifugal clutches inside the primary sheave assembly. The Yamaha Ultramatic has one large oil bathed centrifugal clutch inside the engine case, separate from the primary sheave assembly.

There are advantages to each of these systems, but the Yamaha oil bathed "wet clutch" is better for maximum longevity and smoothness. The dry clutch is easier to service and inspect, yet it is succeptable to any mud, water, sand, or other debris that may enter into the CVT case. The Duraclutch is smoother than any Polaris or Can Am grab-and-go CVT that I have driven. But the Duraclutch isn't as smooth as the Yamaha Ultramatic.

The biggest issue I had with the Duraclutch was getting the engine braking tuned to my liking. Duraclutch sends their system to customers with a strong emphasis on working. The engine braking is very aggressive, and the harder you ride or the faster you ride, the more you will hate how abrupt the engine braking is on the Duraclutch. It will almost throw you through the windshield. I changed the helix in the secondary and the engine braking is much more manageable.
    2015 Polaris Ranger 900
    RVS 86HP Tune | Elka Shocks | QSC Clutching | 27" VIPRs | 5000lb Viper | Baja Designs Lights | Wet Sounds Stealth 10 | 10" SSV Subwoofer | Highlifter Snorkels

2014 Kawasaki Teryx4 800

Warn Provantage 4500-S
    28" Terminators | MSA Kore | Highlifter Lift | 50" Radius Lightbar | Dual Batteries |

2011 Yamaha Rhino 734 Sport
    Alba 734 | Racer's Edge +2 head | CP 11:1 Piston | 46mm Benchmark TB | JBS Sheave, Muzzys | WER shocks | CATVOS 3" lift | 30" Bighorns

5. Thanks Timmi thanked for this post