Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Decisions on speed limiters - PCV vs. Razorback/Sgroi dff lock overrides

Having some trouble making up my mind on what to do with the speed limiters on my '15 Teryx4. Options are the Power Commander V to get rid of all the limiters and raise the rev limiter, or the Razorback or Sgroi kits that only get rid of the diff lock limiter. A programmed PCV is getting close to $400 as compared to $75 currently for the Razorback kit.

The diff lock limiter is the main issue as I constantly hit it on slick hills and mud that require wheel speed....it's so bad that in some situation I can actually get further with the diff lock off. More minor problems are the 30 mph low range and 50 mph high range limiters. Think I've hit the 30 mph low range a couple of times when we popped out of the woods and had to run a short distance in the open. Wasn't that big of a deal but would be nice to not have to come to a complete stop and shift to High only to stop again to shift back to Low after a mile. I've hit the 50 mph high range limiter about every time I run any distance on the road between trails, which sometimes makes it difficult to keep up with the Rzr's. Wouldn't be as bad if it was a soft limiter like on my dad's Ranger where you can basically hold the pedal to the floor and it will go up to a certain speed and stay there with barely feeling the surge of the limiter, where as the Teryx has a very harsh cut off that causes severe surging and lurching.

I was on the verge of buying a PCV before seeing the Razorback sale. It would be really nice to get rid of all the speed limiters and not have to push a separate switch to override the diff lock limiter, but the $300+ in savings could go a long way towards other upgrades like a new set of tires.

What are everybody's thoughts?

2. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    if your not looking to do over 50 then i would do the dash switch by sgrio or razorback then have the ecu reflashed if you need to go past 50mph...any aftermarket box is not as reliable as the factory with a reflash..i use pcv and all the others and this is just my opinion..
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880