Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Harness bar

Harness bar

Okay so I have been kicking around the n idea of putting in harness in my 07 rhino stock seats right now but I want to retain the use of my dump bed but I'm starting to get the felling that I won't be able to do that I emailed black rhino performance about there's but I guess they don't make it anymore so I guess my question is what is everyone else running and can you still use the dump bed

2. Thanks WV Hot Rod Rhino thanked for this post
    Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    I have made two bars for this very thing and the bed will still dump if you mount the bar a few inches over the top of bed. I used some 1 3/4 tubing IIRC and on mine I did a 90 degree welded corner with about 7" long vertical piece and a 2 x 2 angle welded to end and drilled to mount to the stock seat belt bolt holes ( used the same bolts). On another I used a tube with a 5/16" steel plate about 2" wide x 7 to 8" at right angle to tube and drilled for mounting as above. The second effort was easiest. I painted/coated bed liner to match rest of frame. Wrap harnesses around as per the NASCAR type strap mount. I cut a 1 1/2" pvc pipe about 3" long and split in a C shape that I painted black and put over the strap mount that keeps it from slipping around. Let me know if you want some pics and I will try to take and post.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by jimclemjr View Post
    I have made two bars for this very thing and the bed will still dump if you mount the bar a few inches over the top of bed. I used some 1 3/4 tubing IIRC and on mine I did a 90 degree welded corner with about 7" long vertical piece and a 2 x 2 angle welded to end and drilled to mount to the stock seat belt bolt holes ( used the same bolts). On another I used a tube with a 5/16" steel plate about 2" wide x 7 to 8" at right angle to tube and drilled for mounting as above. The second effort was easiest. I painted/coated bed liner to match rest of frame. Wrap harnesses around as per the NASCAR type strap mount. I cut a 1 1/2" pvc pipe about 3" long and split in a C shape that I painted black and put over the strap mount that keeps it from slipping around. Let me know if you want some pics and I will try to take and post.

Yea if you don't mind taking a few pics that would be great

I felt challenged to do the pics so hope this helps. I have had problem previously on photos and I think it because I take all my business photos at full resolution but the forum will only take so many pixels. Not sure but this seemed to work OK.
    As you may see I also used harness bar for Fire Extinguisher mount. My new Beard seats are about same height as stock so no appreciable difference.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1260002.JPG 
Views:	209 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	10901   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1260003.JPG 
Views:	233 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	10902  
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

6. Thanks WV Hot Rod Rhino thanked for this post
    Likes Timmi liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by jimclemjr View Post

I felt challenged to do the pics so hope this helps. I have had problem previously on photos and I think it because I take all my business photos at full resolution but the forum will only take so many pixels. Not sure but this seemed to work OK.
    As you may see I also used harness bar for Fire Extinguisher mount. My new Beard seats are about same height as stock so no appreciable difference.
    Okay I see what you did
    I think I can make something like that my self
    Thank you for taking the pictures