Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Highlifter inners

Anyone on here run these ?? Look to be heavy-duty...supposta be off a Honda car ??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0172.PNG 
Views:	346 
Size:	277.5 KB 
ID:	10950  
    08 700 ...

2. Thanks jimclemjr, WV Hot Rod Rhino thanked for this post
    Likes jimclemjr, WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Still Shakin' the Cage 08Rhino450SE's Avatar

Mountaineers are Always Free!

4. Likes scottwv liked this post
    Scott thx for posting this. I do not know anyone using them but I might get a pair. I was looking for how to add the heim joints to my Rhino last year but it got stalled. I think the inners may be overkill but doubt you will ruin a day of riding cause of them breaking. They are a little pricey but like the guy in the video said by the time you spend the time and put all the parts together that's not too bad IMO. I was with a guy that busted an end and it was not a fun day so the price is relative I guess. I called them and asked if the ends were available for separate purchase and she said yes for $25. But if you need an end you probably need a spindle too lol. I would like to know if the ends have zerks to lube them.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

Yeah , those inners look plenty stout ! I have a couple 12mm heims , and had Trav turn me out some miss-alignment spacers ; but , they do not have enuff "travel" in them...I'm not really "comfortable" with that small of a bolt holding it all together either . IMO , the quality of new Yamaha replacement ends suck...the ones I bought had more play in them than the ones I was gonna swap them for ! I haven't checked yet ; but , you can prob get those rod ends from Summit cheaper than $25...that is where Brokebackrzr800 buys all of his...I don't see one breaking ; but , I would want to keep a couple spares in case they wore out. The only "bad" thing I can see about these highlifters is , you have to drill the hole out in the spindle to 1/2"...there is no goin back unless you swap spindles.
    08 700 ...

Here re is another option...the ebay item number is 172261232879.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0175.PNG 
Views:	266 
Size:	181.4 KB 
ID:	10957  
    08 700 ...

8. Likes jimclemjr liked this post
    I did see the ends cheaper at different online places and there were some with grease fittings. Personally I think I would like to fabricate some kind of boot to cover the heim joint, which should extend its life.
    Rather than drilling out you could use a smaller bolt/sleeve and fab a tapered cone insert for spindle if you know someone with a lathe.
    I think an overwhelming concern that lingers with me is the tie rod end is the 'weak link', so if you change that, does it now become the rack pinion at risk? I would love to hear any others thoughts or experiences......
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by jimclemjr View Post
    I did see the ends cheaper at different online places and there were some with grease fittings. Personally I think I would like to fabricate some kind of boot to cover the heim joint, which should extend its life.
    Rather than drilling out you could use a smaller bolt/sleeve and fab a tapered cone insert for spindle if you know someone with a lathe.
    I think an overwhelming concern that lingers with me is the tie rod end is the 'weak link', so if you change that, does it now become the rack pinion at risk? I would love to hear any others thoughts or experiences......

With a little research I did discover what a misalignment washer is. But did not see the smaller sizes for this application. I would not worry too much about the shear capacity of a graded 8 or 10 bolt here, seems to be the weak link in the ebay rod is the bolt for the clevis to rack. and the clevis itself.

the ends will freeze in temps below 10 and you will have issues if you stop on a ride for more than a hour...thought i wasnt gonna get mine loose one time...went back to stock
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

12. Thanks jimclemjr thanked for this post
    Likes jimclemjr liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by WV Hot Rod Rhino View Post
    the ends will freeze in temps below 10 and you will have issues if you stop on a ride for more than a hour...thought i wasnt gonna get mine loose one time...went back to stock
    Well there you go......I guess I'll just keep carrying the extra ends and a few tools. Appreciate the experience offered.

Quote Originally Posted by WV Hot Rod Rhino View Post
    I carry a lil butane torch in the "box" .
    08 700 ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast