Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

why did i lose top end

iv recently installed a jbs sheave kit, it came with a purple spring, 16g od weights and obviously the sheave, i really like the power i got in the low end but i lost like 15 kph, but it says on the site that it will give it more top end, and ive read tat some people are hitting 70mph with their jbs setup, i dont go that fast often but id like to know what the problem is, ive checked the weights , none of my weights were out of place and i took out a bounch of grease while i was there and i still have the same problem.

2. Thanks WV Hot Rod Rhino thanked for this post
    was going to say it sounds like a flopped weight. Bu one other thing I would check as it plagued me before was I was changing secondary springs. I didn't service the clutch since it wasn't time yet and it was performing flawlessly. but after i did it I lost 10 to 15MPH. took me a bit to figure it out. didn't effect the low and mid at all but the secondary would hang up and not operate properly on the top end until I cleaned and serviced it.
    08 700SE
    --Beast Mode--
    JBS BBK stroker w/clutching
    MTS

4. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    also welcome to the forum!

whats your bike and miles and all that good stuff?
    08 700SE
    --Beast Mode--
    JBS BBK stroker w/clutching
    MTS

6. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    what tire size and weights..did you change tires at same time..over greased or flopped weight during install is the most common but secondaries can hold them up also like snowrider said
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

Quote Originally Posted by jpdkodiak View Post
    iv recently installed a jbs sheave kit, it came with a purple spring, 16g od weights and obviously the sheave, i really like the power i got in the low end but i lost like 15 kph, but it says on the site that it will give it more top end, and ive read tat some people are hitting 70mph with their jbs setup, i dont go that fast often but id like to know what the problem is, ive checked the weights , none of my weights were out of place and i took out a bounch of grease while i was there and i still have the same problem.
    You posted this in the Grizzly section and your user name contains "Kodiak". So, I am assuming that you have a Kodiak ATV? I am really surprised that anyone with a 4WD ATV actually gets speeds of 70 mph. You might have gotten a little too ambitious in the expectations for top speed? These 4x4 ATV's are not exactly designed for freeway driving.

The centrifugal weights and the secondary spring work by opposing each other to determine when and how the CVT shifts gear ratio, depending on your speed and throttle settings. The sheave modifications essentially expand the range of the gear ratio spread. Some modification areas improve the low gear ratio and other modification areas improve the upper gear ratio. The stock engines have upper RPM limiters that also enter into the picture as to highest top speed possibilities. Are you encountering the rev limiter at your highest achievable speed? Too much grease can indeed prevent your weights from travelling to the maximum possible road speed position.

It may well be that changing the weight and spring combination will give you a different balance, if that is what you want.
    | I took the one less traveled by....
    | Oh, Oh .

| ............... #
    |___________________________________

9. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    What was your top speed before and after? Did you change tires at the same time?
    JBS 734 with Crank Works crank and rod - CP 11:1 BBK- Hotcams stage 3 Raptor cam - JBS ported head - JBS Hot Rod sheave with 16s - Gold secondary - 26x9 OG Bighorns on Racline wheels - BRP cdi - Bazzaz Z FI - Yoshimura exhaust - Hump's led headlight swap with Trailbrightled lights - 10" Rigid SR light bar - 4" cage chop with home made custom bracing - home built doors - Mishimoto radiator

11. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    My original top speed was like 107kph and now it's like 93, I have 26 inch zillas, with an ehs programmer and an exhaust tip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you reaching the rev limiter?
    2007 660 JBS sheave, and MSD Charge

Nope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WV Hot Rod Rhino View Post
    what tire size and weights..did you change tires at same time..over greased or flopped weight during install is the most common but secondaries can hold them up also like snowrider said
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast