Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Shim Jbs Extreme sheave

Hey, I just ordered the JBS extreme sheave kit for my grizzly 700.. I cant find anything about this on the forum but can you still run a small shim with the JBS sheave without the extended cage or do you need the extended cage for any width of shim?

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

On my wolverine r spec i am doing extreme sheave with 1.0 mm shim and not hitting the cage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You aint gonna need it!!...
    06 Rhino 686 s/e blue, 11:1 piston, stage 1 hot cam, raptor springs, JBS sheave and clutching, cmf 2" lift, alum air box, exhaust tip, dial a jet, j strong roof, ride on dust shield, power steering, Stage 5 Elka's riding on 28" 11 14 mega mayhems all around on sti hd3 wheels, hp cooling fan, 3500# winch, 32" led light bar and stuff!

Thanks guys!! You're probably right about not needed it, the sheave itself is going to haul ass!! Can't wait to try it out!!

5. Likes Timmi liked this post
    Wouldnt recommend unless running 30s like i am when i had my 28s on it was awesome without

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Ok thanks!! I'll be running 29.5 original outlaws which aren't that heavy (38 lbs) but I might still try .5mm shim if the sheave isn't enough on its own. Also I'll be running gold spring and either 15gr or 16gr weights..not sure yet..any opinions?

Try them both i went 15 gram weights first and rpms kinda high for me but every bike different my 30x10x14 bighorn 2.0 s weight 30 lbs each so my setup will differ for sure but im runnin purple spring and 16 gram weights with 1 mm shim if it helps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks!! Definitely helps me out, nice to hear what's working for other guys!!