Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Viking front bumper build

Been toying with the idea of building a bumper for my bike for quite a while but never got around to it. I bought a winch mounting bracket that mounted to the stock bumper and installed it, i went to install the winch and the bolts that mounted the bracket to the bumper were in the way of mounting the winch so i said to hell with it and bought material to build a bumper.

This is what i came up with, I ended up using 2" 11 gauge tubing for the frame and 3/16" plate to skin it........ to be honest its insanely overbuilt and if i were to do it again i would go with 3/4" tubing for the frame.

Im still toying with a few more options/changes to it including shortening up both ends about 4" each and adding a bull bar of some sort to come up and out in front of the winch. Im also going to add two flushmount led light pods between the d rings in the next week.

Any opinions/ideas are welcome.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2. Thanks WV Hot Rod Rhino thanked for this post
    should be stout!

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

It does look stout as hell. That's kind of the same direction I went with my bumpers that I built for mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Likes 08Rhino450SE, WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    I ended up cutting this one down quite a bit to knock some weight off, pretty happy with how it turned out.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

7. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post