Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Still Shakin' the Cage 08Rhino450SE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Thanks again for bringing all of that stuff over to this site. I'm a bit leery of using links to the old site, as the thread links would break if the site was ever to go away. One problem with the pictures is that the original links may break if they were saved locally to the original web site. I use a image host site that has been around for a long, long, time and hope that they will be around even longer. Also, the link will be usable regardless of what site you happen to be posting on. That site is now charging for the hosting, but I figure that will allow them to stay in business and maintain the site.

If you use the 'reply to (with quote)' function, the image links are there, along with the text; to cut, paste and save as text, the entire post contents. Then, back out of the reply without saving, such that you do not contaminate the original source thread.
    i just "dragged and dropped" the photos to my desktop and then re-inserted them into the post. i didn't want to rely on the original links and that was the quickest way to accomplish the goal.
    Mountaineers are Always Free!

2. Thanks SteveS thanked for this post
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    IF YOU HAVE EXTENDED GROUNDING DAMAGE WITHIN THE WIRE HARNESS ::::::
    Some interesting things related to widespread damage within the wire harness from a ground overload:
    http://hotrodrhinoforums.forumotion....problem-solved

That was a nightmare for me to diagnose. Adding an additional ground up near the load control relay fixed all my problems, 100% of them. But you have to remember that I had a severe ground melting situation. It melted the ground near the battery negative terminal. and it melted the ground terminal on the voltage rectifier. It was not good at all.
    2015 Polaris Ranger 900
    RVS 86HP Tune | Elka Shocks | QSC Clutching | 27" VIPRs | 5000lb Viper | Baja Designs Lights | Wet Sounds Stealth 10 | 10" SSV Subwoofer | Highlifter Snorkels

2014 Kawasaki Teryx4 800

Warn Provantage 4500-S
    28" Terminators | MSA Kore | Highlifter Lift | 50" Radius Lightbar | Dual Batteries |

2011 Yamaha Rhino 734 Sport
    Alba 734 | Racer's Edge +2 head | CP 11:1 Piston | 46mm Benchmark TB | JBS Sheave, Muzzys | WER shocks | CATVOS 3" lift | 30" Bighorns

4. Thanks SteveS thanked for this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    That was a nightmare for me to diagnose. Adding an additional ground up near the load control relay fixed all my problems, 100% of them. But you have to remember that I had a severe ground melting situation. It melted the ground near the battery negative terminal. and it melted the ground terminal on the voltage rectifier. It was not good at all.

Ahhhh, yes. But, you persevered and WON! And, I believe we all will benefit from your experience.
    Hidden wiring flaws are truly a nightmare.
    | I took the one less traveled by....
    | Oh, Oh .

| ............... #
    |___________________________________

Just refreshed my memory on this grounding issue. Very good stuff. Think this needs to be a sticky note for easy locating.
    06/450: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod Sheave/12gr OD's; Blue Spring; 04 Style/KN Air; Dyna CDI; Axia Exhaust Tip; 3" Lift; Sport Shocks; 27X14 Mudlite XTR's; Warn 2500#

08/700: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod X-Sheave/16gr OD's/Slugged; Purple Spring; Alba TB; Raptor HotCam; MSD/JBS-Map; Yoshimura Duals; Pro One Doors; LSR MTS; LSR Front & Back Supports; Ricochet Skids; Elka 4's; RackZilla/PS: 26X12 Pitbull Growlers; Camoplast T4S; Viper 4500#; Trail Bright LEDs.
    Let'em Buck!!!

7. Thanks SteveS thanked for this post
    Likes ssol liked this post
    Mr. or Ms. admin or moderator, can this be done for us?
    | Oh, Oh .

| ............... #

9. Likes Kenny G liked this post
    x2

I dont always put a signature, but when I do it goes here
    09 700 sport
    aftermarket cam, duel muzzy exhaust, alba custom map, MSD fuel controller, alba water temp and oil press gauges, SDR LT6, SDR 4seat custom cage and bed, rigid industries 40in. and 10in. light bars, led head and taillights, fox remote resi shocks, DWT beadlock wheels, twisted stitch seats front and back, crow 4pt harness front and back, super atv power steering, quick release steering wheel. ruggid radios incar communication and car to car com, JBS EXTREME2 sheave on the way

11. Likes Kenny G, SteveS liked this post
    Wallah!
    Commander 1000
    Kawasaki Prairie 400
    Suzuki Ozark 250
    Suzuki 230
    F-250 6.0 Diesel

13. Thanks Kenny G, SteveS, WV Hot Rod Rhino, ssol thanked for this post
    Thank you very much!
    | Oh, Oh .

| ............... #

Well, many months have passed since this thread was stickyed. Here is a link to another thread that pretty much covers the same stuff but is rather more coherent and touches on other related issues that are caused by grounding problems. I am posting this link so that this new thread is linked to this sticky thread and also because this grounding thread title better expresses the content, which should ease the searching. Enjoy....

Relevant threads:

What exactly does the Cdi control?
    http://hotrodforums.net/forums/showt...he-Cdi-control
    | Oh, Oh .

| ............... #

16. Likes ssol, Firefighter liked this post
    steve the man!!! i dont always know what he talks about but he knows his stuff and if you dont take his advice well oh well. i did the ground thing before i had any problems because i trust his knowlege so should everyone
    2013 camo 700 jbs sheave,purple spring,2" lift 27" big horns heater,horn stereo,alum roof,warn winch,windshield front and rear snow plow,dyntec,JBS rad and rear mud guards rzr seats with 4 pt harnesses power steering txs to james and nikki and a long list of wants----- my first quad was a 230 timberjack

18. Thanks SteveS thanked for this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast