Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Diff Lock speed limiter bypass finally on it's way!

Sgroi Innovations finally shipped out their diff lock speed limiter bypass kit on Saturday. I've been waiting on these to be ready for well over 6 months now. Was excited at work because the tracker said it had left our local post office first thing yesterday morning for delivery but never made it to my house (small town and I'm 5 minutes from the post office!)......not that uncommon with our mail service.

Here is the product page. They also make a full kit to replace the electronic 4wd/diff lock engagement with a manual shift version but I just went with the speed limit bypass kit for now. I did get it 20% off from the list price.

http://sgroiinnovations.com/index.ph...tegory&path=62

I hate the 15 mph diff lock speed limit and have had many issues on slick hill climbs because of it. Would love to have a programmer or ECU reflash to also get rid of the 50 mph top speed limiter and raise the rev limiter, but the diff lock limiter is the issue 90% of the time and the Sgroi kit is a 1/3 the cost of a programmer or reflash.

Razorback Technology makes a diff lock speed limiter bypass kit also. It basically does the exact same thing with the difference it has a separate button you have to push to bypass the limiter, and it is cheaper. The Sgroi kit the bypass is incorporated into the 4wd/diff lock dial.

Nice..glad they got them going and worth waiting on

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

That ultimate kit looks baddazz !!
    08 700 ...

Finally got delivered yesterday.......took 27 hours to make it the 5 minute drive from the post office to my house, and they just left it in the mailbox.....anyway.......

Got to examine the kit and watch the install video on YouTube. I was actually surprised of how much stuff is involved in the kit. New control knob for the dash with a light that activates when the bypass in engaged, a complete epoxy filled control module you mount under the dash, and a complete wiring harness. Guess I should have expected it but everything looks very professional and custom fit. Hopefully will be able to start on it tonight. Looks pretty straight-forward but will take a little time because you have to pull the dash apart.

5. Thanks WV Hot Rod Rhino thanked for this post
    Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino, scottwv liked this post
    Got the kit installed last night. Probably took about 2 hours taking my time but most of that is from removing the cowl and taking the dash loose. Some extra time in there because I had to remove the lower windshield, one of the A-pillar lights, and also cleaned up some of the other aftermarket wiring under the dash while I was in there. Overall pretty easy with the hardest part is reaching some of the wires and connectors that are buried behind other items.

Didn't get to actual test drive it as it was late at night and I live in a neighborhood, but in the garage it seemed to cycle through all the modes correctly. Will hopefully go for a quick spin tonight...don't have a lot of space around the house be plenty to verify the diff lock speed limiter is gone.

A little update on the kit. Took it for a test drive around the yard and verified it got rid of the speed limiter when switching to the bypass mode. It cycled fine several times during the test drive but did run into a small issue right when pulling into the garage. Moved the dial from 2wd to the diff lock bypass quickly and then back to 2wd without really letting it cycle. It went into diff lock but not back into 2wd and then the check engine light came on. Tried cycling the key on and off several times and all the other tricks to get it to shift out of diff lock. It was about 9:30 p.m. when I sent Sgroi a message on Facebook not expecting to hear from them that night. Much to my surprise I got a response and he spent about 30 minutes walking me through some trouble-shooting. Finally pulled the actuator and got it to cycle after turning the key on and off a few times. Put it back on and now it worked. I will give Sgroi huge props for working with me late at night and attributed the issue to the normal diff lock sticking issue......though I had used the diff lock a lot in the past with no issues like this.

Spent three days in Windrock last week riding and used the diff lock bypass several times......sure was nice not having the limiter kick in on hillclimbs. Absolutely no problems cycling in and out diff lock quite a few times. However one time I went to switch to diff lock for a small obstacle and inadvertently turned it all the way to the bypass mode. Knowing I wouldn't need the bypass mode I quickly turned it back to normal diff lock. As I started over the obstacle the check engine light came on and it wouldn't shift out of diff-lock. Tried cycling the key about a dozen times, backwards, forwards, turning steering wheel and nothing. Even jacked the front tires off the ground and tried doing the same things with no luck. Finally pulled the actuator off and cycled the key with the knob in 2wd and it started turning again. Reinstalled and everything back to normal. I used both normal diff lock and the bypass mode many more times during the trip and never had an issue, but was always careful to move one position at the time and it let it cycle before going to the next mode (i.e. go from 4wd to diff lock and let the lock light come on, then switch to bypass, and vice versa). Going to play with it in the garage and see if I can get the issue to repeat by rapidly cycling the knob.

8. Likes Timmi liked this post
    I've noticed even with the oem setup if you move the switch one position at a time and let it shift there is way less trouble with it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

That is one thing I never had an issue with on the rhino...it has all ways shifted no matter how fast I pushed the buttons . On the t-4 I rode , I had to use diff-lock to get thru a spot...it took a little for it to go in ; and , took me a good while to get it to come back out into 2 wheel . If my 17 gives me fits like this , there will be one Sgroi's kits with the actual shift lever installed !
    08 700 ...

I've only had one time in which there was an issue getting the diff lock to engage, with all the other times it engages quickly. There have been several times where it was really slow to disengage and required driving forwards and backwards while turning the wheel back and forth several times, but had never had the check engine light come on or it get stuck as bad as those times mentioned above.

As another follow-up, I went out last night and tried to duplicate the issue with the diff lock sticking and the check engine light. I started the engine and cycled the 4wd knob quickly back and forth between positions several times. Tried several different combinations and techniques and could never get anything unusual to happen.