Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: shim ???

shim ???

Ok just thinking here but maybe there are people that have already tried.
    I live and ride at high altitude ! have the full clutch set up 27” 8 ply tires jbs programs in the power commander exhaust tip ((this one probably has to go just too loud ) but on level I have to have one heck of a straight road to even get to 55.
    I was thinking of trying the shims for more low end I cannot see it hurting top end as I don’t have the power to top it out anyway could not top it out before the power commander ????

are you checking speed on gps? the 27" tires will throw the speedo off a few mph. my stock 26" tires are barely 25" with 12 psi.

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

yup checked with gps the tires I am running are closer to 26 actual size though my gps is very close with the speedometer down a mile long hill I can hit 63 on the highway but lets face it I don't even need a drive train to do that lol. I could not hit the rev limiter with out the power commander after the clutch kit. before I would hit it at 51 52 but only down hill. altitude robs my power more than anything I think so I am thinking going with gearing change may help

and a side note this is altitude at home 5k altitude riding it gets much worse would not hit 55 down hill up there here I can run 48 50 up a small hill not even close at 8-11k

Shim isn't gonna help on top
    08 700 ...

a .5 will help the bottom for sure and could possibly gain 1-2 on top with the extra rpms but that would vary on each bike for weight and tire size...when you run a shim the belt height in the secondary is very important so you dont wear a hole in the cover...worn belts have to run less shim to stay out of the cover
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

Quote Originally Posted by WV Hot Rod Rhino View Post
    a .5 will help the bottom for sure and could possibly gain 1-2 on top with the extra rpms but that would vary on each bike for weight and tire size...when you run a shim the belt height in the secondary is very important so you dont wear a hole in the cover...worn belts have to run less shim to stay out of the cover
    Thank you

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    2016 wolverine chopped top, warren 3500 winch, custom seats, custom rear window, fold down front window, duel battery set up with all accessories on the second batteries , led head lights, led light bar, interior lights, heater, 27” X14 x9 rage storm tires all sides, 2” super atv lift, jbs clutch, jbs mud guards , exhaust tip, pcv with jbs tunes, I know I am forgetting stuff but more to come

Quote Originally Posted by scottwv View Post
    Shim isn't gonna help on top
    I guess I was not clear i am not much for writing lol i was saying i am probably not going to hurt the top because i cant get there anyway so why not have more bottom ? if possible just didn't know. now debating on if it is worth chancing running in to the cover ? with a .5 when the belt starts to get worn . Thinking of going to gold spring to see what that gives me first then trying the shim ! I also took off the exaust tip last night the noise just got to me so will see how much more I lost this weekend. still waiting to see if the hmf quiet holds up did they change it or still breaking ?

My hmf is doing great this time

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880