Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  5

Tire size opinions wanted

I recently purchased a 06 rhino the previous owner installed 26/11R12 on ITP wheels that apear to be the same width and back spacing on all corners. What are the pro's and con's of this set up?

2. Thanks WV Hot Rod Rhino thanked for this post
    Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    The technical explanations can be found in here i believe https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...-vehicles-rovs

But basically it just depends on you and your driving style and the situations you put yourself in, the less width on your tire tracking, the narrower your CG is and the less stable your ride will be in off camber situations and sidehills. The bigger the tire the higher your CG will be and the less stable your ride will be, Normally the rear width is wider to help the CG from the lateral forces in turns, there are multiple answers that apply to multiple situations.

4. Likes 08Rhino450SE liked this post
    I ran 26x9x12's on all front wheels
    08 700 ...

6. Likes Timmi liked this post
    I run 26x9x12 on all 4corners with long travel on my 700

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09 700 sport
    aftermarket cam, duel muzzy exhaust, alba custom map, MSD fuel controller, alba water temp and oil press gauges, SDR LT6, SDR 4seat custom cage and bed, rigid industries 40in. and 10in. light bars, led head and taillights, fox remote resi shocks, DWT beadlock wheels, twisted stitch seats front and back, crow 4pt harness front and back, super atv power steering, quick release steering wheel. ruggid radios incar communication and car to car com, JBS EXTREME2 sheave on the way

Lots of good info in that link hillbillystyle

9. Thanks HillbillyStyle thanked for this post
    Likes HillbillyStyle liked this post
    Personally, I don't see the advantage of running narrow up front and wide in the back. Got 2 machines; 1 is setup with 9" on all 4 corners, and 1 with the 7" fronts and 12's on the back. Personally I like the (9"s on all 4 corners over the miss-matched size). Less spin off the fronts when powering into the machine. Wont turn as sharp but that's not much of an importance with my riding style. Plus you can inter-change tires on all 4 corners.
    06/450: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod Sheave/12gr OD's; Blue Spring; 04 Style/KN Air; Dyna CDI; Axia Exhaust Tip; 3" Lift; Sport Shocks; 27X14 Mudlite XTR's; Warn 2500#

08/700: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod X-Sheave/16gr OD's/Slugged; Purple Spring; Alba TB; Raptor HotCam; MSD/JBS-Map; Yoshimura Duals; Pro One Doors; LSR MTS; LSR Front & Back Supports; Ricochet Skids; Elka 4's; RackZilla/PS: 26X12 Pitbull Growlers; Camoplast T4S; Viper 4500#; Trail Bright LEDs.
    Let'em Buck!!!

11. Likes 08Rhino450SE liked this post
    It appears on this machine the track width in the front is wider than the rear like they moved the spacers to the front for some reason

^^^...most likely because of the back spacing...you can put fronts on the rear , but rears will not go on the front (without spacers) .
    08 700 ...

27/12/12 rears , 27/10/12 fronts thinking of going with the same on all 4's though
    07 camo 660,yoshi duals,kms intake,dynatec cdi,jet kit, montana jack f&r winch mount,w/ warn xt40, 27" bighorns,2" lift, cab with summit heater,aux red top optima, 5 bad ass jrt's on board,itp ss 212s, jbs sheave,14 gr. wts,orange spring, 40 " led light bar, autometer guages,equus tach,innovate afm, jensen ms30 ,jbl 6.5s, elka stage 1 shocks, kenwood 2way radio, alpine ktp445u amp, led headlight mod,twisted stitch harnesses,pro1 doors, 60 amp alternator,power steering, pc925 battery

28-11-14 on all corners Inch and a half spacer on rear. Works well for My riding!
    06 Rhino 686 s/e blue, 11:1 piston, stage 1 hot cam, raptor springs, JBS sheave and clutching, cmf 2" lift, alum air box, exhaust tip, dial a jet, j strong roof, ride on dust shield, power steering, Stage 5 Elka's riding on 28" 11 14 mega mayhems all around on sti hd3 wheels, hp cooling fan, 3500# winch, 32" led light bar and stuff!