Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Help with Older JBS sheave setup

2007 Grizzly 700 with the older jbs sheave (not extreme) and I believe 15 gram weights. I went to 29.5 Outlaw 2's and this thing is not happy. Gold secondary in it also. What recommended weights should I try and how much shim will it hold with this older sheave? Ive sent several emails and left messages on the site but never get a response. Thanks to anyone who can give me input.
    Also just ordered new wet clutch and drum so I know it will all be new and right. Mainly want the low end for mud riding, and not to concerned with the top end.

2. Thanks WV Hot Rod Rhino thanked for this post
    Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    call or text my cell when ever you need something or come here...im always around here..spring could have lost some tension if its not one of my new springs from eibach..post a pic of the face of your sheave and i can tell you what you need and thanks for posting it here
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

4. Likes Timmi liked this post
    how do you mean not happy?

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

It is my son's atv, and by not happy I mean it won't turn them very well. It is sluggish even on the hard packed surface but does ride okay. Mainly in anything soft it tends to bog badly. I have tried a gold and white secondary spring in it and not much difference. The wet clutch blocks/shoes looked worn but not all that bad. I just got new ones and decided to go ahead nd replace the drum as it had some minimal grooving in it. I just ordered that so I won't have it till this week. It doesn't appear to be slipping the belt and the wet clutch does have slugs in it also. I was told that 14gram might help, but at this point I hate to just keep guessing and throwing money at it. Was kind of hoping I could a exact "to do list" on what to order and be good to go. Thanks again for the info and responses. And I will get a pic as soon as I can.

7. Thanks WV Hot Rod Rhino thanked for this post
    Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post

James is on it now, he will get you fixed up when he sees your pic, thanks!

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

10. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by sbunton646 View Post
    It is my son's atv, and by not happy I mean it won't turn them very well. It is sluggish even on the hard packed surface but does ride okay. Mainly in anything soft it tends to bog badly. I have tried a gold and white secondary spring in it and not much difference. The wet clutch blocks/shoes looked worn but not all that bad. I just got new ones and decided to go ahead nd replace the drum as it had some minimal grooving in it. I just ordered that so I won't have it till this week. It doesn't appear to be slipping the belt and the wet clutch does have slugs in it also. I was told that 14gram might help, but at this point I hate to just keep guessing and throwing money at it. Was kind of hoping I could a exact "to do list" on what to order and be good to go. Thanks again for the info and responses. And I will get a pic as soon as I can.
    did you order just the shoes or the yamaha carrier...sheave is old style so a shim wont help...you can seee the belt is coming all the way to the lip..you could send it in to update
    James Davis
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419

Just the shoes and springs this time plus the new drum which is on it's way. What's an update cost and then what gram weights should I be running in this thing now or with an update? And again, thanks for the help. Just want to get this thing right and running again.

For reference, a while back I paid a shade tree mechanic to put a new wet clutch, drum, one way, etc in the bike while it was opened up for a new Weller racing diff plate and repairs from that failure.That time the wet clutch carrier assembly was all new from Yamaha. It never acted 100% right, but ran okay with 30" tires...although it had a tiny vibration/chatter. I couldn't figure it out. Finally we were able to determine he put what appeared to be the wrong wet clutch drum (appeared to be a different year for a rhino) in it and it was allowing some play. It also spun the inner fixed sheave teeth. I put a used "correct" drum in it and all new inner fixed sheave but the shoes already had some minimal damage. The shoes made me weary, so I've decided to replace it all fresh again so I know for sure it is good to go in the wet clutch. Once he went to these heavy Outlaw2 tires, its been struggling a bit more. It runs and drives but it a lot more noticeable with lack of turning power. The tires before were also 30" mud tires but not as heavy.

The shoes are junk and with the springs it will be even worse...when those cheap shoes wear out prematurely it will kill the compression too from contaminating the oil...those save you now and cost you later

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    James Davis
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419

The oem replacement didn't last long either but i assume that's due to the issues. I guess I should just give up in this pos and part it out, eventhough its been rebuilt top and bottom.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast