Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  20
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bear Attacks My Camp (2nd attempt)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1080376.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	12121Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1080367.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	12122Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1080396.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	12123Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1080483.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	116.6 KB 
ID:	12124
    Two weeks ago a Bear tried every window and door by standing and "bouncing" the front paws on the glass or clawing out the frame. He stands 7 ft. high by the paw prints. I installed all new windows and steel doors over the past 2 years in our 80 yr. old cabin in Northern Quebec, Canada. He finally broke the centre out of the only window I had not replaced, a 25 yr. old unit that failed under the Bears attack. He tossed the empty bread box, empty garbage can, empty recycle box before clawing open a cabinet. He bit down on a 3 L jug of Corn Oil which exploded, he then bit a 3 L jug of White Vinegar which also exploded "pepper spraying" him because he then bailed right back over the kitchen counter and out the window. Two weeks later my Rhino brought in a new "thicker glass" kitchen window. Shopping for an electric fence and sleeping with my 30-30 Win.

2. Thanks Kenny G thanked for this post
    that is one determined bear

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

WoW! That's never a welcome clean-up! I guess it could always be worse.
    06 Rhino 686 s/e blue, 11:1 piston, stage 1 hot cam, raptor springs, JBS sheave and clutching, cmf 2" lift, alum air box, exhaust tip, dial a jet, j strong roof, ride on dust shield, power steering, Stage 5 Elka's riding on 28" 11 14 mega mayhems all around on sti hd3 wheels, hp cooling fan, 3500# winch, 32" led light bar and stuff!

Damage was contained to the window and kitchen mess. All the mementoes & family treasures collected over the years are the real valuables. I know (seen) there is a big Sow Bear & 3 cubs higher on the mountain, but she usually sticks close to her den and is busy eating acorn right now. I figure if the Sow was the camp culprit then the 3 cubs would have wreaked havoc in the camp. Its been 35 years since we had a Bear problem at the camp. Given the limited damage we count ourselves lucky. This bear broke into 4 camps, along 2 lakes in 2 days. 1st camp he got Red Bull, Gator Aid and a case of Coke !

6. Thanks Kenny G thanked for this post
    FWIW- old hiking buddy had his pack stolen by a bear and after tearing the pack apart, what he initially liked more than the food was Dr. Bronner's Peppermint soap. Just food for thought. Sorry for your hassle. Bears are 500 pound squirrels without a bushy tail lol.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

8. Thanks haymaker7796 thanked for this post
    Likes Kenny G, SteveS, WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Still Shakin' the Cage 08Rhino450SE's Avatar
    and really sharp claws lol
    Mountaineers are Always Free!

10. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernRhino View Post
    Damage was contained to the window and kitchen mess. All the mementoes & family treasures collected over the years are the real valuables. I know (seen) there is a big Sow Bear & 3 cubs higher on the mountain, but she usually sticks close to her den and is busy eating acorn right now. I figure if the Sow was the camp culprit then the 3 cubs would have wreaked havoc in the camp. Its been 35 years since we had a Bear problem at the camp. Given the limited damage we count ourselves lucky. This bear broke into 4 camps, along 2 lakes in 2 days. 1st camp he got Red Bull, Gator Aid and a case of Coke !
    i bet he was buzzin after all that caffine
    07 camo 660,yoshi duals,kms intake,dynatec cdi,jet kit, montana jack f&r winch mount,w/ warn xt40, 27" bighorns,2" lift, cab with summit heater,aux red top optima, 5 bad ass jrt's on board,itp ss 212s, jbs sheave,14 gr. wts,orange spring, 40 " led light bar, autometer guages,equus tach,innovate afm, jensen ms30 ,jbl 6.5s, elka stage 1 shocks, kenwood 2way radio, alpine ktp445u amp, led headlight mod,twisted stitch harnesses,pro1 doors, 60 amp alternator,power steering, pc925 battery

12. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Reminds me of that movie The Great Outdoors. Maybe you should shoot that bear in the ass!
    Commander 1000
    Kawasaki Prairie 400
    Suzuki Ozark 250
    Suzuki 230
    F-250 6.0 Diesel

14. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Good to hear that there wasn`t to much damage, if you are in zone 10 west and he is more trouble you can harvest up two a year there. One in the spring and on in the fall.
    2008 700 sport, JBS sheave OD weights,purple spring,MSD,floor guards,sat radio,RydeOn cover,Aluminum stick guards,JBS radiator guards,JBS skid rear,30`and 10`
    Trailbright LED`s,K&N,rear window,2`lift,RZR seats...
    http://hotrodforums.net/forums/image...ine=1422123669tons of other stuff...

16. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    We don't have bear issues in our area ... we have meth heads!

18. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast