Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  30
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I think you could adjust the long travel to get to a acceptable amount of ground clearance and still have a good ride. But the loss of gear reduction would suck. Not sure if this is possible or not. But the gears in the trans on 750 are geared lower than the 800. They could be changed if they will fit to get some reduction back. That's why the secondary clutch in the 750 in a smaller diameter than the 800.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

You would be gaining a lot and losing a lot. You just have to look at the % of the time you really use and love those portals, and how they make you smile when you really use them. One thing you have going for you is you have that v twin in there to pull the tires without the gear reduction. With the long travel, you would have something that you would love when the speeds get higher on the rough trails. How much wider would it be? Would you be getting hit right in the mouth with mud from general trail riding instead of just your arm? Is the longer arms of the long travel going to be hard on control arm bushings? It sounds like you are where I was at trying to decide if I wanted to go with a bigger tire or not. It's just about impossible to build something that is the best at everything on wv trails. How much gear reduction do the portals give you? Is there any way you can seal them up good?

I'm just trying to think about things for you to think about. These things are a money pit and seem like a total waste...but then you get a good couple days riding and it's all worth it.
    JBS 734 with Crank Works crank and rod - CP 11:1 BBK- Hotcams stage 3 Raptor cam - JBS ported head - JBS Hot Rod sheave with 16s - Gold secondary - 26x9 OG Bighorns on Racline wheels - BRP cdi - Bazzaz Z FI - Yoshimura exhaust - Hump's led headlight swap with Trailbrightled lights - 10" Rigid SR light bar - 4" cage chop with home made custom bracing - home built doors - Mishimoto radiator

3. Likes scottwv, JoshK, mike liked this post
    I that rig would be the centerfold in some off road magazine,it is just that nice great build.
    2008 700 sport, JBS sheave OD weights,purple spring,MSD,floor guards,sat radio,RydeOn cover,Aluminum stick guards,JBS radiator guards,JBS skid rear,30`and 10`
    Trailbright LED`s,K&N,rear window,2`lift,RZR seats...
    http://hotrodforums.net/forums/image...ine=1422123669tons of other stuff...

5. Thanks mike thanked for this post
    thanks guys! hump it is definitely a give to get situation. the long travel would be about 4 inches wider then I am now so yeah the mud would definitely be flyin. I would also loose 3 to 4 inches of ground clearance. not sure what im gonna do and I have time to think about it cause the money for the long travel just went into the transmission in my truck...
    Redneck Crazy - 2017 Teryx4 LE , 4" portals , cage chop , arched A arms , 32x10x14 pro armor crawler xg , sti hd beadlocks , winch bumper , 5,000# winch , custom snorkels.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123