Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nova Scotia Canada In beautiful Mahone Bay
    Quote Originally Posted by jimclemjr View Post
    I would check and make sure the 4 wheel drive selector motor was getting you fully engaged with each function. IIRC 501.com was a place that had a good help section with maybe some videos. And they sell parts or service the units.
    Will check it out, but had no problems with it ever working at any time. would it not be that either it works or not and nothing in between ?
    09 734 sport, ported, jbs sheave, 16 gram, purple spring, slugged, cam, full muzzy, hi-flow injector, msd 3d, wicked built rack, cognito spindles, hid / rigid industries led lighting, 26" bear claw radials, 2 inch spacers all round, homemade hood rack, doors, bed rails. Always doing more.

I was concerned the most about there being like almost no fluid in the diff. Thoughts anyone ?
    09 734 sport, ported, jbs sheave, 16 gram, purple spring, slugged, cam, full muzzy, hi-flow injector, msd 3d, wicked built rack, cognito spindles, hid / rigid industries led lighting, 26" bear claw radials, 2 inch spacers all round, homemade hood rack, doors, bed rails. Always doing more.

I smoked a diff once from lack of fluid and the first thing to go was the pinion bearing.
    the yoke flopped up and down and never skipped a tooth on the ring gear! If its low and your not doing
    a lot of high speed riding its prolly not hurt. their pretty tough! If the yoke on the pinion shaft feels tight
    up and down chances are its ok at this time.
    06 Rhino 686 s/e blue, 11:1 piston, stage 1 hot cam, raptor springs, JBS sheave and clutching, cmf 2" lift, alum air box, exhaust tip, dial a jet, j strong roof, ride on dust shield, power steering, Stage 5 Elka's riding on 28" 11 14 mega mayhems all around on sti hd3 wheels, hp cooling fan, 3500# winch, 32" led light bar and stuff!

Stripped apart the diff tonight and all looks good. no sign of any damage at all.
    Gonna do a check on the servo tomorrow night to make sure its engaging fully.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabricator View Post
    Good info, already have drive shaft out and didn't take notice on how yokes were. So I should be upon reinstall of them ?
    It is for sure the front, only in 4x4 and diff lock.
    The joints on my shaft were not "perfectly" lined up...maybe a couple of degrees difference between them , so yours may not be perfect either . I'm not for sure if the torque limiter is designed like a coupler of sorts , that if the pin(s) shear it will let one end of the shaft turn and the other not...I've never had one apart . The yokes not being lined up would be a give-a-away if this is the case . Ryan had his apart on his Viking...maybe he'll chime in on this.
    08 700 ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12