Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Shoes & Suspension

Got my new tires and suspension installed yesterday. 28" Mud lites and Fox Podium 2.0 Suspension. Had a set of EBC brake pads installed on all 4 corners for good measure. Just waiting on the clutch/sheave kit!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	375 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	12228Click image for larger version. 

Views:	345 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	12229Click image for larger version. 

Views:	341 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	12230

Currently measures 12.5" clearance front and rear with shocks as they came in the box.

David

2. Thanks WV Hot Rod Rhino thanked for this post
    Likes Timmi, WV Hot Rod Rhino, mike, pa.hunter liked this post
    Have you rode it yet with the new shocks?

Quote Originally Posted by Mello1 View Post
    Unfortunately no and it's killing me! We're leaving for a week in Big Bend Saturday, so it's just gonna have to sit in the shop for a little while. I'll post something once I finally get to take it out.

David

5. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post

are the rear shocks dual rate springs ?

7. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Click image for larger version. 

Views:	210 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	12231Click image for larger version. 

Views:	195 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	12232
    Quote Originally Posted by jerhomey View Post
    are the rear shocks dual rate springs ?
    Yes.

Each rear shock actually has two seperate springs with a buffer/spacer in between the stack.

David

9. Thanks jerhomey thanked for this post
    Likes jerhomey, WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    is that the way they mount? looks upside down

Quote Originally Posted by Canazes9 View Post
    Yes. Each rear shock actually has two seperate springs with a buffer/spacer in between the stack. David

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Quote Originally Posted by Timmi View Post
    Yes that's seems to be the way they mount I looked at multiple pictures when I was deciding what to go with send they all mount that way

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

12. Likes Timmi liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmi View Post
    Funny you should ask that - that's what I thought when I picked it up. I asked to speak to the service tech that did the installl and he said "that's what I thought" too. He called Fox and verified - that is how they are supposed to be installed.

David

14. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mello1 View Post
    So I just got back from the hunting camp, put about 50 miles on the Viking over the last three days. Property has a lot of steep hills, tight narrow trails. Prior to putting the new tires and fox suspension I drove the Viking about 20 miles here so I have a reasonable before/after comparison.

Initial impressions - I can ride 2-3 mph faster by the speedometer with the current set-up than I could with the previous stock set-up. Stock the speedometer ran fast w/ the 25" tires, now it runs slightly slow, so probably more like a net gain of 4-5 mph at the same comfort level. That might not sound like much, but it's a HUGE difference running trails that were comfortable at 12-18 (which was probably 10-16mph by gps) and now running the same trails at 15-22mph!

Very noticeable difference in how the Viking reacts to big hits when pushing it and running fast. The stock suspension would bottom out and push into the corners. The Fox suspension is much firmer without being jarring. No bottoming out and very easy to drive hard. Oversteer or understeer are selectable with my right foot.

I'm very pleased with the current set-up, anxiously awaiting my JBS sheave & clutch kit!

David

One more update:

I just got through washing the Viking and putting it back in the shop. It's parked in the exact same spot on a level floor where I measured it the first time. Again, no lifting up on it or anything like that, just drove it into the parking spot and measured.

Front - 12.5" (measured from under the skid plate on the frame behind the front A arm, both sides measure the same)

Rear - 12.75" (Measure under the center of the rear frame below the receiver for the hitch)

Essentially, no change from when I measured it after I first had them installed, 1/4" increase in the rear is negligible and I'm sure within variability of the suspension. No sag evident!

When I first got this suspension, I planned on increasing the preload, playing with ride height fore/aft, etc. After driving it this week I have decided to leave it just as it is at least for the time being.

David

17. Thanks Timmi thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast