Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    they may have changed the design. the old one was hard to mess up. I didn't oil my foam filter enough, that's what caused the nikisil to come off my cylinder which lead to the bbk.

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    16 and 17 grizz has a problem with the air filter not sealing and allowing dirt to pass.

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

I had a 2009 550 EPS that I absolutely loved. It had the JBS setup. It was light, nimble, and a riot to ride. It went real good for a 550 too. After 4,800 miles I decided I wanted the new and improved Grizzly. I sold my 550 and bought a brand new 2016 700 EPS in January of 2016. To be honest, I never fell in love with the machine. At first I thought it was great that it was wider and more stable but it took away from the playfullness of the machine. My 550 always felt like a sport utility machine. My 2016 always felt like a utility machine if that makes sense.

Then, a year and half into it, it started burning oil, and lots of it. The dealer replaced the top half of the motor under warranty. I put the machine up for sale after that. Sold it in November and bought a Teryx4.

Likes from my 2016:

Stable
    Better EPS than older models
    Better seating position
    Better on fuel

Dislikes:

Heavier than older versions
    wider, longer, more utility feel. Less playful
    708cc was weak down low compared to the 686
    reliability issues with the 708cc found in the Grizzlies
    2012 Teryx4 EPS, ITP Wheels, 28" Bighorns, 4,500 LB Winch, Kolpin Windshield, Custom Roof

3. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino, mike liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Hunter View Post
    I had a 2009 550 EPS that I absolutely loved. It had the JBS setup. It was light, nimble, and a riot to ride. It went real good for a 550 too. After 4,800 miles I decided I wanted the new and improved Grizzly. I sold my 550 and bought a brand new 2016 700 EPS in January of 2016. To be honest, I never fell in love with the machine. At first I thought it was great that it was wider and more stable but it took away from the playfullness of the machine. My 550 always felt like a sport utility machine. My 2016 always felt like a utility machine if that makes sense.

Then, a year and half into it, it started burning oil, and lots of it. The dealer replaced the top half of the motor under warranty. I put the machine up for sale after that. Sold it in November and bought a Teryx4.

Likes from my 2016:

Stable
    Better EPS than older models
    Better seating position
    Better on fuel

Dislikes:

Heavier than older versions
    wider, longer, more utility feel. Less playful
    708cc was weak down low compared to the 686
    reliability issues with the 708cc found in the Grizzlies
    yeah they defiantly lost there reliability I have seen a lot of problems with the 16 and 17 700 grizzy and I agree they are week down low especially compared to my brute. 2015 is supposed to be the best grizz built to date.
    Redneck Crazy - 2017 Teryx4 LE , 4" portals , cage chop , arched A arms , 32x10x14 pro armor crawler xg , sti hd beadlocks , winch bumper , 5,000# winch , custom snorkels.

5. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    I thought the 708 was a better engine. What problems are they having? I haven't heard of Wolverines having problems.

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Quote Originally Posted by Timmi View Post
    I thought the 708 was a better engine. What problems are they having? I haven't heard of Wolverines having problems.
    the air filter is not sealing allowing dirt and dust to pass into the engine taking out the top ends and they also have reported oil consumption issues something with the head I believe.
    Redneck Crazy - 2017 Teryx4 LE , 4" portals , cage chop , arched A arms , 32x10x14 pro armor crawler xg , sti hd beadlocks , winch bumper , 5,000# winch , custom snorkels.

we have seen screws coming loose on the wolvy airbox. the different designs of the two must be protecting the wolvy engines

the air filter is not sealing allowing dirt and dust to pass into the engine taking out the top ends and they also have reported oil consumption issues something with the head I believe.

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Quote Originally Posted by Timmi View Post
    we have seen screws coming loose on the wolvy airbox. the different designs of the two must be protecting the wolvy engines
    has to be. ehs came out with a clamp on filter adapter made of billet aluminum that solves the problem.

if it ain't broke, don't fix it
    I don't know why Yamaha changed an air box design that worked flawlessly

has to be. ehs came out with a clamp on filter adapter made of billet aluminum that solves the problem.

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Mine had nothing to do with the air box. Mine had a faulty valve. It would burn oil until the motor got warm.

My buddies 2016 Grizzly does the same exact thing. They were purchased from sepearate dealers 3 months apart.
    2012 Teryx4 EPS, ITP Wheels, 28" Bighorns, 4,500 LB Winch, Kolpin Windshield, Custom Roof

maybe a bad run went through production before Yamaha knew about them

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Hunter View Post
    Mine had nothing to do with the air box. Mine had a faulty valve. It would burn oil until the motor got warm.

My buddies 2016 Grizzly does the same exact thing. They were purchased from sepearate dealers 3 months apart.

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast