Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

2018 Viking with Seizmik framed door enclosure

Spent the last 2 days setting up a friend of mines new 2018 Viking with an enclosure, mirrors, Super ATV flip up windshield, amazon switch panel and front and rear cube lights. None of which were designed to go together i might ad but it is doable with a little modification on the fly and test fitting over and over. The way the door part of the enclosure was to wrap around the front roll bar was the main concern since the super ATV flip up windshield has such big claps around the bar in the same place but clamps worked out fine and only thing up front we had to do was instead of wrapping the enclosure around the bar we mounted the lower half of the windshield and used some wide velcro on the front side edge of the windshield to hook up to the velcro that was already on the enclosure. Next issue was the seizmik mirrors would not be able to mount on the roll bar and let the door open up far enough because of the frame that swings out with the door.... but along the frame of the door there is a place with 3 holes and unbolting the clamp from the mirror was able to heat up a punch and poke through melting a hole in the canvas for the bolt to go through and attach the mirror that way while the doors are on for winter..... when doors come off unbolt the mirror and put the clamps back on the roll bar and use that way. they work out pretty good being where they are since they are pretty much the same spot they would be in a car. The enclosure actually said it was for a 2014 & 15 viking but its doable on an 18. dont fit perfectly tight and sealed up put but for what it is and what it is on it fit good enough.

Sound dampening kit they are putting on the 2018 is way better than the one they put on my 2015 and i am gonna see what i can do about getting one that they put on the 18 and putting it on mine. I didnt start the viking before the enclosure being on but with the enclosure and that sound dampener it did seem to be a good bit quieter in the cab than on mine without the 2.

dam it was time consuming but we had plenty of beer too lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	keener viking.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	111.9 KB 
ID:	12268
    2015 Viking EPS SE
    KFI Stealth 4500s
    KFI 72" Open Trail Plow
    SuperATV Flip Up Windshield
    SuperATV Side Mirrors
    Seizmik Soft Rear Window
    IR Backup Camera
    42" LED Light Bar
    JBS Extreme Sheave
    JBS Slug Kit
    Black & Gray YXZ seats
    JBS Doors
    Lots More Planned...

2. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino, Shawnh liked this post
    looks great and thanks for the information. I thought the 2018 Viking was identical to earlier models.

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Thanks for the purchase!! Looking good

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

whats this new sound dampening kit you speak of!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmi View Post
    looks great and thanks for the information. I thought the 2018 Viking was identical to earlier models.
    main thing was just the sound dampener but it was doable with a little modification but didnt hook in the back like like the instructions showed..... we knew that going in so wasnt a surprise, just lucky they didnt change everything to where it wouldnt work.
    2015 Viking EPS SE
    KFI Stealth 4500s
    KFI 72" Open Trail Plow
    SuperATV Side Mirrors
    Seizmik Soft Rear Window
    IR Backup Camera
    42" LED Light Bar
    JBS Extreme Sheave
    JBS Slug Kit
    Black & Gray YXZ seats
    JBS Doors
    Lots More Planned...

Quote Originally Posted by jerhomey View Post
    whats this new sound dampening kit you speak of!
    Its a whole lot more than what ours has, this thing comes up higher in the back and has a rubber seal that goes between it and the front of the bed and seems to be fairly thick plastic. I didnt pull the seats out and look it all over but i did pull the drivers seat and it seems to block off a good bit more than ours. The next 2 weeks the 2018 will be used for deer season WV 1 week then back to OH for our deer season the week after thanksgiving but I'm gonna try and catch it in the shop as soon as i can i can haul mine over and pull the seats on both and look and see if it it can be done. I actually just got off the phone with Yamaha customer service in CA and she said their parts guy said it will not fit.

may not perfect but i think it can be pulled off and think it will be worth it if can rig it in there. I will have a better idea once i get them both side by side in the shop to do some comparisons.
    2015 Viking EPS SE
    KFI Stealth 4500s
    KFI 72" Open Trail Plow
    SuperATV Side Mirrors
    Seizmik Soft Rear Window
    IR Backup Camera
    42" LED Light Bar
    JBS Extreme Sheave
    JBS Slug Kit
    Black & Gray YXZ seats
    JBS Doors
    Lots More Planned...

What changed on the 2018? is the body different?

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

i didnt have a chance to look it over real close because i had basically a day and half to make sure it was done so pretty much just laid out all the new accessories and started right off with cutting a rectangle in that nice new dash for the switch plate. Didnt really notice the difference in the sound dampening until i tilted the bed towards the very end of last night about 11pm when putting on the back half of the enclosure and as soon as i tilted it i knew it was a better design for the sound dampener. I know on mine if you set socket on the seat it will roll off and stop on the skid plate, will not happen on the 18 since it seems to seal under the seats a lot better. After 2 days of messing with it and being late at night i was whooped and ready for bed so didnt spend any time looking it over real good. I know where it sits so will check it out better when have a chance. Body wise nothing seems to change except didnt seem to have as many stickers on it. The woman at Yamaha couldnt tell me what changed to make it not work on the 15, all she said was her parts guy said it will not fit. I will check with James on some prices and see about ordering it after xmas and take a gamble on it fitting.
    2015 Viking EPS SE
    KFI Stealth 4500s
    KFI 72" Open Trail Plow
    SuperATV Side Mirrors
    Seizmik Soft Rear Window
    IR Backup Camera
    42" LED Light Bar
    JBS Extreme Sheave
    JBS Slug Kit
    Black & Gray YXZ seats
    JBS Doors
    Lots More Planned...

10. Likes Timmi liked this post

im sure a little trimming and it will fit, i cant imagine anything being that much different considering if you go on yamaha accessories site and choose 2018 model its all the same stuff as 2014-2017 that shows up