Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

New Wolverine Owner

Hi Everyone,

I am a newbie here: I brought a 2017 R-Spec EPS home two days before Christmas--I saw a video on Youtube titled "CVT and Differential Vent Fixes Yamaha R-Spec" and the authors suggested I join this forum so here I am.

I grew-up in Illinois and have been riding motorcycles since I was nine so I have experienced a lot with dirt machines, but this is my first SXS. My initial inspection found the intake hose from the air box a bit catawampus so I realigned it. The other mechanical connections that I can see appear to be installed appropriately, but I have not had a chance to really inspect the engine/drive train yet.

Any advice on things to double-check (the motor oil comes to the proper place on the dipstick and I still need to check the tires' inflation pressure as well as the rear differential's vent hose routing) before I take it out for its maiden voyage will be greatly appreciated. I live in Utah an am planning to take it to a high desert area named Five Mile Pass for it's initial break-in.

Thanks for any advice you care to share!

2. Thanks WV Hot Rod Rhino thanked for this post
    Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino, Kenny G liked this post
    you will wanna fix the diff and fan vent tubes and we should have a few more good threads on the issues it has in the wolverine section..call my cell tomorrow to discuss all options..304-673-2602
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

4. Likes Kenny G liked this post
    Welcome aboard. You have come to the right place being a Wolverine owner. Tons of knowledge here and no BS to sift through. I'm sure all your current and future questions will get answered.
    2016 Alpine white Wolverine EPS
    Kenwood 2-way radio w/frs frequencies
    Super ATV half windshield tinted
    Viper Max 4000 widespool winch
    Dragonfire 3" 4-point harnesses
    2" Super ATV lift
    Pyle audio system
    Yamaha over fenders
    4" cage chop
    27" tusk Terabites
    JBS extreme sheave
    16g OD weights
    Purple Eibach Spring
    Slugs
    JBS Doors

Wow, hard to believe it's been two years since we made that video! James (WV Hot Rod Rhino) bought his R Spec when they were first released in April 2015. After I drove it I knew I wanted one. He had found several items that needed corrected, the cvt tube leaks and vent lines clogging were two of them.
    The cvt tubes need to be checked to be sure they align properly and the seams where the mold halves join should be filed smooth. If the new models have not corrected the piece that is too thin on the end, that should be reinforced. We used schedule 40 pvc because that's what we had on hand. All vent tubes should be extended and the ends turned down.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

7. Likes Kenny G liked this post
    Howdy from Wyoming and welcome aboard the best forum out there.
    06/450: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod Sheave/12gr OD's; Blue Spring; 04 Style/KN Air; Dyna CDI; Axia Exhaust Tip; 3" Lift; Sport Shocks; 27X14 Mudlite XTR's; Warn 2500#

08/700: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod X-Sheave/16gr OD's/Slugged; Purple Spring; Alba TB; Raptor HotCam; MSD/JBS-Map; Yoshimura Duals; Pro One Doors; LSR MTS; LSR Front & Back Supports; Ricochet Skids; Elka 4's; RackZilla/PS: 26X12 Pitbull Growlers; Camoplast T4S; Viper 4500#; Trail Bright LEDs.
    Let'em Buck!!!

Welcome to the Forums and congrats on your new Wolverine.

Sent from my Alien communication device using Tapatalk

Welcome to a great place. Great people here. We are all here to help one another

I believe the little screws in the air filter screen are worth investigating and verifying they are secure. Possible replacing the ones there and adding a couple more in the provided holes.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust