Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Wheel Offset input

I am going to get me a set of wheels for the Wolv. Here are basics. Going with 27 x 9 x 14 front tires and 27 x 11 x14 rears. Definitely with single beadlock wheels 14 x 7. I have investigated the available offerings and I am leaning toward one of two ways. A couple of the wheel makers make the wheels so that I can replicate what factory does with different offsets of the front vs back wheels. I currently have 63" width tire to tire outside in front and rear with 5+2 offset wheels in the tire sizes above. I do not want to go bigger than 65" as some controlled trails I ride are 65" max width, which allows me to add an inch of width in rear over a 5+2.
    One wheel manufacturer makes the 14 x 7 in 6+1 and 5+2 configuration which is close to factory wheel offsets (would keep me at 63" wide). Another manufacturer makes the 14 x 7 in a 5+2 and a 4+3 configuration which widens the width by about one inch in the front over factory and almost matches factory width in rear (which would make me 65"). Most everybody runs same wheels front and rear but basically I want the 1" wider offset in rear to replicate what OEM shoots for. I would love to have a wider wheel (8" with 5+3) in rear to better match the tire, but cannot find one. A 4+4 would make me too wide (67"). So question is: any opinion or experiences on why not to run two different offset wheels? Any other opinions welcome.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

I went with the same size tires as your going with and i went with the 14" wheels with a 4+3 offset which is a total of 2" wider than a 5+2 wheel, i also have a 2" lift kit which brings the wheels back in a little so im not much wider than factory. do you have a lift on yours? I wouldnt go with different front and back offsets because it will change the way your buggy handles which may not be good.

Sent from my Alien communication device using Tapatalk

3. Thanks jimclemjr thanked for this post