Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Bigger rims

Bigger rims

Hey...

I was thinking of putting some 15 or 17" rims with street tires on my wolvy so when I'm in the pits at the race track, it isn't chewing up my off road ones. Has anyone else just bought some auto wheels off eBay and did a set of street tires and does anyone have pics? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Crusty runs street tires

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

I know you can buy 15 inch aftermarket rims and not to bad of a price I looked for 14 or 15 inch car rims (I would rather steal for off road ) and could not find any with the right offset and pattern. you can also get non aggressive dot tires that are not to much $ run those and have a spare set for hard pack trails that is what I am running now and looking at a set that are more aggressive for times that I need them
    2016 wolverine chopped top, warren 3500 winch, custom seats, custom rear window, fold down front window, duel battery set up with all accessories on the second batteries , led head lights, led light bar, interior lights, heater, 27” X14 x9 rage storm tires all sides, 2” super atv lift, jbs clutch, jbs mud guards , exhaust tip, pcv with jbs tunes, I know I am forgetting stuff but more to come

some older Mazda's and other car's have a 4x110 pattern but the offset and lug diameter most likely won't work.
    there is a decent selection of 14" car tires available if you can find wheels that aren't costly

Quote Originally Posted by buellpjw View Post
    I know you can buy 15 inch aftermarket rims and not to bad of a price I looked for 14 or 15 inch car rims (I would rather steal for off road ) and could not find any with the right offset and pattern. you can also get non aggressive dot tires that are not to much $ run those and have a spare set for hard pack trails that is what I am running now and looking at a set that are more aggressive for times that I need them

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

I run regular street tires 215 75R 14 Hankook Optimos. I have been running them about 3.5 years now and I am really pleased with them. My Rhino came with the 14" steel wheels in the picture. I think the holes for the lugs are just a little bigger (for a 12mm stud rather than 10mm) but it works just like it is supposed to. I have a set of 12" wheels and off road tires in the garage but the street tires work well enough for what I do that I don't put them on. After 3+ years and maybe 1200 miles they still look brand new. they ride really nice. I don't get into anything too crazy and pretty much never see deep mud, so they work pretty well. I would strongly encourage you to give them a try.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1125.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	105.1 KB 
ID:	12509  
    2007 660 JBS sheave, and MSD Charge

7. Likes Speedman, WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    There's a bunch of really cool 15x8 4x100 rims on eBay for decent prices. Looks like a 0 offset might be the ticket. The other common offset is +25 but i would think that would suck the rim in too far.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

9. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkminer View Post
    I run regular street tires 215 75R 14 Hankook Optimos. I have been running them about 3.5 years now and I am really pleased with them. My Rhino came with the 14" steel wheels in the picture. I think the holes for the lugs are just a little bigger (for a 12mm stud rather than 10mm) but it works just like it is supposed to. I have a set of 12" wheels and off road tires in the garage but the street tires work well enough for what I do that I don't put them on. After 3+ years and maybe 1200 miles they still look brand new. they ride really nice. I don't get into anything too crazy and pretty much never see deep mud, so they work pretty well. I would strongly encourage you to give them a try.
    well I stand corrected after seeing your rhino that has them on I will be looking again !
    2016 wolverine chopped top, warren 3500 winch, custom seats, custom rear window, fold down front window, duel battery set up with all accessories on the second batteries , led head lights, led light bar, interior lights, heater, 27” X14 x9 rage storm tires all sides, 2” super atv lift, jbs clutch, jbs mud guards , exhaust tip, pcv with jbs tunes, I know I am forgetting stuff but more to come

11. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by buellpjw View Post
    well I stand corrected after seeing your rhino that has them on I will be looking again !
    If I had it to do again, I would have gone for a more aggressive DOT tire. They make some all terrain and even a couple of mud treads in a 27-8.50R 14. At the time I was worried about going too big or heavy and i was planning to swap the tires for any offroad use.

I have heard some guys have had good luck with ford focus wheels. While the lug pattern technically smaller there is enough "wiggle room" for them to bolt up and run right. I don't have any first hand experience, but from what I have heard the offsets work too.
    2007 660 JBS sheave, and MSD Charge

13. Thanks buellpjw thanked for this post
    Likes buellpjw liked this post
    yes I am running dot tires on the wolvy I want steal rims for the nastier tires so if I bend one on the trail I can just beat it back out ! on the rhino I am forever hitting shit plowing when the snow gets deep so steal would be nice but want to maintain 14" for stability