Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Fuel pump issue

Fuel pump issue

I was having an issue with my rock lights draining my battery if it set for a week without starting it. The machine has set for about 2 months and the temp has been around 0 for a few weeks. I went out yesterday and put my jump starter on it and it fired up. I was letting it warm up and after about 10 minutes it died. I went back out and put the jump starter back on it and noticed I wasn't hearing the fuel pump run before turning the key all the way over. Thinking the battery was bad from sitting dead for so long I put a new one in but still no fuel pump. I checked and the 10 amp fuse was blown. I replaced with another one and it blew right away. We put a 20 amp in and it would start and run but it seems to be loading up.
    What might be causing the 10 amp fuses to blow?

Mouse probably got a wire somewhere

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

hmm now thats something I didn't think about but it's a good possibility. I am storing it in a barn.
    Would that also affect how it runs? It will run fine then it gets sluggish like it's getting too much fuel. I can let off the gas and get back in it and it will straighten out. If it wasn't for the fuel pump fuse blowing issue I would say it was bad gas or water in the gas.

4. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    What kind of battery is it

James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

Is it still cold? have you warmed it? Water in the gas turns into a solid when really cold and if separate crystals maybe getting together in line? Clogged maybe the high current draw?
    $.02
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by WV Hot Rod Rhino View Post
    What kind of battery is it

I replaced it with one from an auto parts store, the numbers match the only difference between it and the one that came in it is the sticker on the side of it.

Quote Originally Posted by jimclemjr View Post
    Is it still cold? have you warmed it? Water in the gas turns into a solid when really cold and if separate crystals maybe getting together in line? Clogged maybe the high current draw?
    $.02
    No it's nice out now. It was in the 60's yesterday and today.

Well I couldn't find any chewed wires anywhere so I went back and found the fuel pump relay looked a little burnt. I replaced it and replaced the 10 amp fuse but still no fuel pump when I turn the key. I removed the passenger seat and plastic to expose the fuel tank and tapped on the fuel pump and it would engage when I turned the key. So I ordered a rebuild kit for the fuel pump. Hope that solves the problem.