» Today's Birthdays

None
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

The new roxor is coming!

Roxor Off-Road is a new division of Mahindra, which is an automotive manufacturer in India. They’ve been making Jeeps, SUVs, cars, commercial and agricultural vehicles for many years over there. They’ve also been making a UTV that we have a photo of here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	453.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	12628

Mahindra made big news this past fall by announcing their new factory they’re opening up in Detroit, Michigan. So yes, it looks like they’re serious about the American market. And, off-road vehicles are very popular here. There’s a lot of money to be made if a company has a good vehicle to sell that does well in the dirt. Perhaps Roxor will be the machine (or machines) that will satisfy a part of the American off-road buyer’s needs.
    The inside scoop is that the vehicle being introduced on March 2nd is a competitor for the RZR, YXZ, X3 and Wildcat. It’s suppose to be a UTV of the high-performance category. We’ll all know for sure in a few more weeks. Stayed tuned as more info on the Mahindra Roxor becomes available.

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine
    JBS Extreme Sheave Racing Series
    16 gram o.d., purple spring (thanks James)
    JBS Custom Roll Cage
    Eagle Eye HID Headlights (
    thanks James)
    JBS Suspension Springs
    Totron LED Light Bar (
    thanks Hump)
    JBS Doors
    YXZ1000R seats (thanks Jody)
    YXZ1000R steering wheel (thanks James)
    JBS Radiator Guards

2. Likes Shawnh liked this post
    Those are built in Batesville Arkansas.
    They look like that Intimidator that is built by the old Bad Dog outfit, that is located in ,,,, Batesville Arkansas..

will come with a 1.6-litre petrol engine, which is also powers the Tivoli. This mill will come mated to a six-speed manual and automatic transmission options. This will be a 4WD and will offer diff-locks, low-range ratio and only a petrol for the American market. This engine will churn close to 120bhp of power. If India gets this new off-roader, it will get the 1.5-litre diesel engine churning about 100bhp of power and 240Nm of maximum torque. This engine will come with five-speed manual transmission.

Thats what I've seen. Looks pretty Bad Ass? Affordable?

Mahindra Roxor will be manufactured in the company’s new US facility in Detroit. Mahindra has inaugurated its first-ever USA manufacturing facility and it will be spread over 150,000 square feet. This is the first ever new facility to be opened in Detroit, which has been the home for MoTown. This will be an all new facility that will manufacture the new off-road Roxor.
    The Roxor’s designing and testing has been done completely by the North American team and it seems a lot has been done to make it a modern vehicle. As the Tivoli is a monocoque, the weight won’t be too high and we expect good enough performance too. This should be offered with a soft and a hard roof option. A tad early to comment though.

The new Mahindra off-roader will be built on the Ssangyong Tivoli platform. This will be a compact off-road with short-wheelbase. It is a tad early to conclude but this new off-roader will be for those looking at an affordable off-roader. Mahindra has gained good enough expertise in off-roading with the Thar and with Ssangyong as its acquisition
    06 Rhino 686 s/e blue, 11:1 piston, stage 1 hot cam, raptor springs, JBS sheave and clutching, cmf 2" lift, alum air box, exhaust tip, dial a jet, j strong roof, ride on dust shield, power steering, Stage 5 Elka's riding on 28" 11 14 mega mayhems all around on sti hd3 wheels, hp cooling fan, 3500# winch, 32" led light bar and stuff!

The Roxor is an SUV.

Here’s what we do know about the Roxor: It’s a ladder-frame SUV with a steel body, and it’s based on an all-new global platform. Two variants of the Roxor will be available. One is a work vehicle for farmers, ranchers, or anyone who needs a tough utility vehicle for traversing rough terrain for work. The other will be more of a performance-oriented SUV aimed at off-road motorsports enthusiasts.

The Mahindra Roxor Offroad will most likely be a four-seater which would make it similar to a UTV. The difference will be the Roxor will have a more fully-enclosed body, closer to that of an on-road SUV, which would actually make it great for all seasons including cold, snowy winters.
    This Roxor is supposed to replace the Thar.

https://d3lwr7t4tsy765.cloudfront.ne...Teaser_New.mp4

Too early to confirm. But we reckon the Roxor will hit the American markets by late 2018 or early 2019. For India maybe a tad bit longer. We believe it will be 2019 for India as it will replace the Thar as the new crash norms will be in place and Thar will need a replacement.

These guys seem to think it's a new utv:
    https://utvactionmag.com/secret-mahi...r-coming-soon/

Mahindra already has a utv. I think it's called impact or something like that.

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine
    JBS Custom Roll Cage
    thanks James)
    JBS Suspension Springs
    Totron LED Light Bar (
    thanks Hump)
    JBS Doors
    JBS Radiator Guards

Yes, I read that and they might be right. Mahindra seems like they are ready and willing to throw out the money to go into new ventures.
    But, if they did go into the sport UTV market I don't think the name would be Roxor since that name has been pushed as a SUV. But then again why would they replace the successful Thar with a vehicle with a different name?
    A few years ago they said they were positively for sure going to market a little pickup truck in the US and then nothing ever came of it so with Mahindra I guess I wouldn't be surprised either way.
    Mahindra's present UTV's are a joint venture with Intimidator which is the old Bad Boy corporation that sold out to Textron. From what little information is available they might be pretty good vehicles.

Unless I’m missing something, the video shows a solid rear axle and leaf springs. If you stop the video where the profile is teased, it looks very jeepish. So, I assume it’s a miniature Jeep like vehicle, without highway certification.
    2011 Commander XT 1000

2006 660 Special Edition (Sold)
    Had lots of neat stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by rodneygt View Post
    Unless I’m missing something, the video shows a solid rear axle and leaf springs. If you stop the video where the profile is teased, it looks very jeepish. So, I assume it’s a miniature Jeep like vehicle, without highway certification.
    I saw the rear axle as well and thought not much of a utv with a solid rear axel these days
    2016 wolverine chopped top, warren 3500 winch, custom seats, custom rear window, fold down front window, duel battery set up with all accessories on the second batteries , led head lights, led light bar, interior lights, heater, 27” X14 x9 rage storm tires all sides, 2” super atv lift, jbs clutch, jbs mud guards , exhaust tip, pcv with jbs tunes, I know I am forgetting stuff but more to come

suzuki samurai
    2011 Commander XT 1000

2006 660 Special Edition (Sold)
    Had lots of neat stuff...

yea that report is wrong. I didn't check it out before posting.

this looks like the vehicle they show in the photo

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine
    JBS Custom Roll Cage
    thanks James)
    JBS Suspension Springs
    Totron LED Light Bar (
    thanks Hump)
    JBS Doors
    JBS Radiator Guards

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast