Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

2015 Ranger Midsize 570 value

I usually hate the "what's it worth posts" but asking that question. Dad is considering trading his Ranger for a Mule Pro and I'm just trying to see if the dealership is offering a reasonable trade-in value or not. Let me know what you think the value is:

2015 Ranger Midsize 570
    400 hours
    2,000 miles
    27x9 front, 27x11 rear Evo Blackwaters @ 90%
    factory Polaris aluminum rims
    1" spacers on front
    Polaris Lock & Ride full glass windshield (DOT approved)
    Polaris Lock & Ride hard poly rear windshield
    Polaris side rear view mirrors
    Polaris 3,500 winch
    Moose 72" snowplow

Very good shape. 95% of use was either working in the yard or cruising around back roads or through farm fields. Has spent maybe 8 hours total doing anything resembling off-road and playing.......I know my word only means so much but somebody that really knows what to look for could tell it wasn't beat up from the trail.

they never offer much on trades. why does he want to trade for the mule pro?

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Quote Originally Posted by Timmi View Post
    they never offer much on trades. why does he want to trade for the mule pro?
    His biggest gripe is that the Polaris CVT is not very smooth at low speed manuevering, such as backing up to a trailer. When feathering the throttle from a stop in either forward or reverse it will hop/lurch and then take off. The second reason is that it is a Polaris and the extended warranty is up. Third is he would like a little bigger machine. He bought the midsize based on it fitting on the small trailer he had at the time.

The Mule Pro is extremely smooth, overall much bigger, and the bed is really big and Kawi offers a power dump kit. He mainly uses it for work so would really get some use out of the bigger bed with the power dump kit installed.

I am terrible at prices but I am thinking $7,500 to $8,000

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Quote Originally Posted by Timmi View Post
    I am terrible at prices but I am thinking $7,500 to $8,000
    He took it to the dealer (they sell Polaris, Kawi, Yamaha) and they only offered $5,500. They also didn't offer anymore for the new 27" tires with aluminum rims versus putting the bald stock 25's and steel rims back on, and only offered $200 if the snowplow stayed with it. I know the dealer wants to be able to make a little money on it, and you are paying for the "convenience" of not selling it yourself, but I think they really low-balled him.

$5,500 is way too low for it I agree

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar