Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  21
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Radiator mud guards are AWESOME!

I went on my first real ride since mud guard install. It was a two day ride in sloppy conditions and it’s amazing how good they work. Here are some pics of how muddy the bike was and how clean the radiator was. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	342ADACE-89A1-430C-9BA4-8BABC09196E7.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	12750Click image for larger version. 

Name:	69BEE1C6-E01F-4A2D-AC9C-AB094E404E6E.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	12751Click image for larger version. 

Name:	62B08B11-74CB-4CEE-86C8-4E34A460780A.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	12752

Just added to cart.
    Yar.

3. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino, ryanO liked this post
    You will not be disappointed. I new they had to help a lot but it blew me away. There was another Viking and a Wolverine on the same ride both days and went in same places. At the end of the second day the other two had mud in the bottom quarter of their radiators and mine is spotless.

5. Likes bd_skrillz, WV Hot Rod Rhino, ryanO liked this post
    Any advice for working the guards around a warn winch and plow mount?

7. Likes ryanO liked this post
    I have a 4500lb superwinch and the drivers side of winch fit behind guard but passenger side had to be cut out for motor to stick through.

9. Thanks bd_skrillz thanked for this post
    Likes ryanO liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by bd_skrillz View Post
    Any advice for working the guards around a warn winch and plow mount?
    Mine fit fine on both sides with a 4500# KFI winch, its tight getting hand in to the free spool dial but not impossible. On the front i just used a carpet knife and cut from hole to hole and fit right around the fairlead and my KFI plow mount is lower so no issue there. As much as your sets up you may not even need the front piece on unless you plan on getting crazy in the deep holes lol.
    2015 Viking EPS SE
    KFI Stealth 4500s
    KFI 72" Open Trail Plow
    SuperATV Flip Up Windshield
    SuperATV Side Mirrors
    Seizmik Soft Rear Window
    IR Backup Camera
    42" LED Light Bar
    JBS Extreme Sheave
    JBS Slug Kit
    Black & Gray YXZ seats
    JBS Doors
    Lots More Planned...

11. Likes ryanO liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by walkntall View Post
    Mine fit fine on both sides with a 4500# KFI winch, its tight getting hand in to the free spool dial but not impossible. On the front i just used a carpet knife and cut from hole to hole and fit right around the fairlead and my KFI plow mount is lower so no issue there. As much as your sets up you may not even need the front piece on unless you plan on getting crazy in the deep holes lol.
    Cool. Yeah, was thinking the same about the front. I'm a little bit concerned about the plow mounts for the side, but I guess those might not be in the way. ... it shouldn't be too difficult to cut around if they are.

13. Likes ryanO liked this post

Biggest suggestion that I can make to you would be to use the cardboard that came with the guards. Trace the outline of the front section to fit it nicely around all of your stuff. Makes it much easier to cut out for the winch and plow mounts. I don't have a Warn, but it will definitely help.
    2015 Yamaha Viking VI EPS (Camo):
    -JBS Extreme Sheave, JBS Skids, JBS Arm Guards, JBS AIS Block Off, JBS Rad Guards, JBS Slug Kit, 28" Terrabites/14" Hurricanes

2018 Yamaha Wolverine X4 SE (Silver):
    -JBS Extreme Sheave, JBS Spring Kit, 28” Terrabites/14" Hurricanes, Weller ECM Flash

15. Thanks bd_skrillz thanked for this post
    Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino, ryanO liked this post
    I've got a set of the guards coming too. Those pictures are what I needed to see. Thanks for posting. I also got some other JBS goodies coming!

17. Likes ryanO liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by buckg2 View Post
    I've got a set of the guards coming too. Those pictures are what I needed to see. Thanks for posting. I also got some other JBS goodies coming!
    I thought the pics were a good example of how good the guards do work.

19. Thanks buckg2 thanked for this post
    Likes ryanO liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast