Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Help

Quote Originally Posted by Timmi View Post
    yea could be a weight flipped , something's not right
    Nope no flopped weight issue, put stock setup back on this morning and back to normal.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by buckg2 View Post
    Maybe you have a flopped weight. We're you sure not to let the primary slide together once you put it all back together?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Nope no flopped weight issue, put stock setup back on this morning and back to normal.

weights too light and or spring too much for your tires I guess
    most people want that combo for bigger tires

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

weights too light and or spring too much for your tires I guess
    most people want that combo for bigger tires
    Lmao not sure most people want to give up 15mph on the top end. But it does seem to be the weights are too light. Just sucks I pissed money away on these weights. Ordered some new weights and sliders from hunterworks, guess we will see if his stuff is any better.

Did you pull the new sheeve back apat to verify that a weight wasn't flopped? Just trying to help figure it out. With 16 g you should have gained a bunch of low end.

Obviously you did to reuse the cam plate.

Quote Originally Posted by buckg2 View Post
    Obviously you did to reuse the cam plate.
    Yes also checked for that when I went back to stock spring. I'm a master as switching shit out at this point.

he uses greaseless roller weights but weight is weight. sliders travel farther in each direction plus JBS mills the sheave to maximize that. James tried all that stuff, still does on new clutches like the X4, the overdrive sliders with Yamalube have always accelerated faster and remained more consistent with miles on them. I had 27" tires on my Grizzly with 16g and purple spring, it would run about 65 mph.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly_NY View Post
    Lmao not sure most people want to give up 15mph on the top end. But it does seem to be the weights are too light. Just sucks I pissed money away on these weights. Ordered some new weights and sliders from hunterworks, guess we will see if his stuff is any better.

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

he uses greaseless roller weights but weight is weight. sliders travel farther in each direction plus JBS mills the sheave to maximize that. James tried all that stuff, still does on new clutches like the X4, the overdrive sliders with Yamalube have always accelerated faster and remained more consistent with miles on them. I had 27" tires on my Grizzly with 16g and purple spring, it would run about 65 mph.
    Glad it worked for you, sucked for me. And I understand his are greaseless but at this point I don't have anything to lose other than more money. And the Dr Pulley certainly didn't impress after seeing visible wear spots after 30 miles greasing everything like James does in his video. Hopefully the heavier weights with James sheave will give me the low end with some decent top end. The kit ordered certainly was a bust. Time will tell.

my od weights didn't show wear at all even with over 3,000 miles on the Grizzly, but my buddies greaseless ones did. he ran them in a stock sheave with a shim

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly_NY View Post
    Glad it worked for you, sucked for me. And I understand his are greaseless but at this point I don't have anything to lose other than more money. And the Dr Pulley certainly didn't impress after seeing visible wear spots after 30 miles greasing everything like James does in his video. Hopefully the heavier weights with James sheave will give me the low end with some decent top end. The kit ordered certainly was a bust. Time will tell.

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast