Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  26
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2018 Spring Ride Announcements & questions

I don't know how many times I have had to tell people to gas up as we are lining up to leave for the ride so I am going to compile a lot of the suggestions from years past about maintenance, things to bring on the ride, and what to expect for the day of the ride.
    Hopefully this is helpful and please post any comments or suggestions that may help us have a better ride.
    There is a nearby gas station however it as closed when we got back Friday night. The pumps may take cards but I'm not sure. As a general rule I bring everything I need, including gas to Skyline.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

2. Likes flimmy, WV Hot Rod Rhino, rhinoroger liked this post
    Hopefully everyone already saw the JBS shop will be closed Thursday. Do your maintenance now so if you have any issues you have time to fix them.

doubtful it will be as dry as it was in the fall but I'm gonna be sure to have a dust mask of some sort in the dry box....... i think I'm still coughing up some of that WV trail dust lol back of the line gang is always pretty fun but dam the dust back there in the fall was down right hell

I will have the 9 gallon sprayer tank strapped down in the bed again if someones radiator gets clogged up along the way.
    A 1 or 2 gallon pump up weed sprayers and a rubber squeegee are handy to have with ya to clean the mud or dust off the windshields when needed to.
    2015 Viking EPS SE
    KFI Stealth 4500s
    KFI 72" Open Trail Plow
    SuperATV Flip Up Windshield
    SuperATV Side Mirrors
    Seizmik Soft Rear Window
    IR Backup Camera
    42" LED Light Bar
    JBS Extreme Sheave
    JBS Slug Kit
    Black & Gray YXZ seats
    JBS Doors
    Lots More Planned...

5. Thanks WV Hot Rod Rhino thanked for this post
    Likes chilly2031, WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Sprayer is a good like saver on the trail. I modified a 3 gallon water cooler with a washer pump and it sprays some good pressure that really gets radiators clean. I will for sure have it with me. This is my first forum ride do most of y’all get by on a full tank of gas for one day or is there need to fill up on trail?

7. Thanks WV Hot Rod Rhino thanked for this post
    Likes chilly2031, WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mello1 View Post
    Sprayer is a good like saver on the trail. I modified a 3 gallon water cooler with a washer pump and it sprays some good pressure that really gets radiators clean. I will for sure have it with me. This is my first forum ride do most of y’all get by on a full tank of gas for one day or is there need to fill up on trail?
    Can get by with a full tank but if we stop at a gas station a lot of people go ahead and top off while they are there. I have done it both ways and have havent ran out from not topping off.

my sprayer is just like the bigger tanks you put on back of 4 wheeler but scaled down to 9 gallon and its a 12v pump so has pretty good pressure. That 9 gallons will clean several out and then if we are by a stream with clear running water or a hose i always try to top it off when i can.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160920_202139316 (768x1024).jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	394.4 KB 
ID:	12859
    2015 Viking EPS SE
    KFI Stealth 4500s
    KFI 72" Open Trail Plow
    SuperATV Flip Up Windshield
    SuperATV Side Mirrors
    Seizmik Soft Rear Window
    IR Backup Camera
    42" LED Light Bar
    JBS Extreme Sheave
    JBS Slug Kit
    Black & Gray YXZ seats
    JBS Doors
    Lots More Planned...

9. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    BRAKES, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE GOOD BRAKES. Some of the hills we go down are really long.
    JBS 734 with Crank Works crank and rod - CP 11:1 BBK- Hotcams stage 3 Raptor cam - JBS ported head - JBS Hot Rod sheave with 16s - Gold secondary - 26x9 OG Bighorns on Racline wheels - BRP cdi - Bazzaz Z FI - Yoshimura exhaust - Hump's led headlight swap with Trailbrightled lights - 10" Rigid SR light bar - 4" cage chop with home made custom bracing - home built doors - Mishimoto radiator

11. Likes chilly2031, scottwv, WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    STAY OFF THE INTERSTATE IN A SXS. yes I do have to say that! Lol

13. Likes scottwv, Timmi, WV Hot Rod Rhino, JoshK, Shawnh liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hump View Post
    BRAKES, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE GOOD BRAKES. Some of the hills we go down are really long.
    You given me a hint hump lol!

15. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino, Hump liked this post
    When stopping on the trail pull all the way to the right side if possible, leave the left side open for the people in the back to get back up front so they can continue to stop at intersections to keep everyone going the right direction, failure to do this results in the group getting split up by someone going the wrong way.

We should print out these basic things and pass them out to every buggy before we pull out, allot of people dont read forums and will not get this info.

17. Likes Hump, Shawnh, WV Hot Rod Rhino, chilly2031 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel City Rhino View Post
    You given me a hint hump lol!
    No, not you. You fixed yours before we rode. That was a good thing, cause we went down some nasty stuff that day.
    JBS 734 with Crank Works crank and rod - CP 11:1 BBK- Hotcams stage 3 Raptor cam - JBS ported head - JBS Hot Rod sheave with 16s - Gold secondary - 26x9 OG Bighorns on Racline wheels - BRP cdi - Bazzaz Z FI - Yoshimura exhaust - Hump's led headlight swap with Trailbrightled lights - 10" Rigid SR light bar - 4" cage chop with home made custom bracing - home built doors - Mishimoto radiator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast