Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Water In Front Differential

Apparently I got water in my front differential somehow. I don't ride in the water/mud very often, but when I do, it isn't very deep (center of wheels).

This was discovered when I drained my differentials to do a fluid change, and I suspect that I am going to have to do another drain after I run it around a little to mix everything up again.

So the question is, how did the water get in there? I do pressure wash my machine regularly.

Thanks.
    2015 Yamaha Viking VI EPS (Camo):
    -JBS Extreme Sheave, JBS Skids, JBS Arm Guards, JBS AIS Block Off, JBS Rad Guards, JBS Slug Kit, 28" Terrabites/14" Hurricanes

2018 Yamaha Wolverine X4 SE (Silver):
    -JBS Extreme Sheave, JBS Spring Kit, 28” Terrabites/14" Hurricanes, Weller ECM Flash

Check and make sure the vent hose didn’t get knocked off differential.

Vent tubes aren't long enough and it lets water get in them.. I got videos on this for the Wolverine...

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

4. Likes Timmi liked this post
    I need to do mine

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

I have not been into the Wolv front diff but I trust it is similar to the Rhino. In addition to the axle seals, there is a seal at the actuator motor base that is not too hard to replace once you get access. IIRC on Rhino it is an O-ring. Typically they need a little lube and patience to make sure they don't roll, pinch or split putting it together. Could be Bubba in Georgia had a relaxed Friday afternoon lol.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

I had to put all new bearings in my rear diff because of water. A bad cir-clip was the culprit .
    08 700 ...