Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  27
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Won't take throttle

Just bolted on my new tires and wheels today after work. Let it idle and warm up good. I went down town and got some 93, put it in there, went down through the back yard and it died. It quit about 5 minutes after I put that gallon of gas in it. Never any type of problem before. No codes or lights on. It would try to start but wouldn't. I pulled it back to the garage and now it will start and idle fine, but if you give it very much more than a touch of throttle, it gets choked up and tries to die. I smell no gas fumes or anything. I'm thinking fuel pump, and I wonder if I got some water in my gas I just bought. So many things it could be with aftermarket cdi, and fuel controller, just putting gas in it, and then there's the fact that it is a 2012 and has never had a fuel pump put in it.

I'm thinking I should try a fuel pump 1st.

Any advice?
    JBS 734 with Crank Works crank and rod - CP 11:1 BBK- Hotcams stage 3 Raptor cam - JBS ported head - JBS Hot Rod sheave with 16s - Gold secondary - 26x9 OG Bighorns on Racline wheels - BRP cdi - Bazzaz Z FI - Yoshimura exhaust - Hump's led headlight swap with Trailbrightled lights - 10" Rigid SR light bar - 4" cage chop with home made custom bracing - home built doors - Mishimoto radiator

do you have another injector or can you borrow one? That way is easy to see if the injector got clogged with some trash that got through the pump/filter. Trash can allow enough fuel to idle but not enough to run properly.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

I run fuel conditioner in all my fuel to eliminate bad fuel, never know what's coming out of the station tank. When my fuel pump went out there was no start just the machine turning over. Spring ride is just around the corner, bummer but better now than on the trail.
    06/450: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod Sheave/12gr OD's; Blue Spring; 04 Style/KN Air; Dyna CDI; Axia Exhaust Tip; 3" Lift; Sport Shocks; 27X14 Mudlite XTR's; Warn 2500#

08/700: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod X-Sheave/16gr OD's/Slugged; Purple Spring; Alba TB; Raptor HotCam; MSD/JBS-Map; Yoshimura Duals; Pro One Doors; LSR MTS; LSR Front & Back Supports; Ricochet Skids; Elka 4's; RackZilla/PS: 26X12 Pitbull Growlers; Camoplast T4S; Viper 4500#; Trail Bright LEDs.
    Let'em Buck!!!

4. Likes Brian lee Rhino450 liked this post
    I would pull the tank and check the fuel for water and find a new place to buy fuel.

Read this info and youll probably find your problem is the fuel.

http://www.franklinfueling.com/media...-07-12-web.pdf

Dang Hump ----- wish I could help. Hope you can get it running soon

May figure out if it's the fuel or not today. My truck was empty, and I put some in it right after I filled this can up. In a way, it almost acts like a rev limiter.
    JBS 734 with Crank Works crank and rod - CP 11:1 BBK- Hotcams stage 3 Raptor cam - JBS ported head - JBS Hot Rod sheave with 16s - Gold secondary - 26x9 OG Bighorns on Racline wheels - BRP cdi - Bazzaz Z FI - Yoshimura exhaust - Hump's led headlight swap with Trailbrightled lights - 10" Rigid SR light bar - 4" cage chop with home made custom bracing - home built doors - Mishimoto radiator

Most likely it's a cracked porcelain on the plug or a bad spark plug boot

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

I got them in stock I will ship it out today

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

Im gonna check it out in a few. The fat skinnyman has got to eat 1st.

I'd say you got some bad gas . I dumped 5 gallon of what I thought was gas (was in a red metal safety can in his garage) in dads teryx one time ; and , it done almost exactly like you are saying .
    08 700 ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast